greek tortoise wont eat his greens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

inexchelseasdayo

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Alaska
been trying to feed my tortoise mixed spring greens, swiss chard, radicchio, and a mixture of grass tortoise pellets that i wetted from the store. hes not going for it. what can i do?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
My tortoises don't eat well on the days that I add moistened pellets to their salad either. The Greek tortoises prefer broad-leaf plants and weeds. Can you get him any dandelions, clover, plantain, etc? They usually DO like Spring Mix. Don't know why yours won't eat that. Leave off the pellets and see if he'll eat the greens then.

Ever since I first saw you join the Forum I've had that darned hymn in my head. Finally got rid if it and now here you are again today.

"Glo-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-ria...in excelsis deo ..."

Quick! Somebody hurry and sing something else for me.

(Is your name Gloria?)

inexchelseasdayo

5 Year Member
Alaska
Yvonne G said:
My tortoises don't eat well on the days that I add moistened pellets to their salad either. The Greek tortoises prefer broad-leaf plants and weeds. Can you get him any dandelions, clover, plantain, etc? They usually DO like Spring Mix. Don't know why yours won't eat that. Leave off the pellets and see if he'll eat the greens then.

Ever since I first saw you join the Forum I've had that darned hymn in my head. Finally got rid if it and now here you are again today.

"Glo-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-ria...in excelsis deo ..."

Quick! Somebody hurry and sing something else for me.

(Is your name Gloria?)

LOL nope. my name is chelsea. thats why i spelled it the funny way. :)

he doesnt seem to mind it usually. im wondering if he might be too cold. what is a good temp to keep greeks at? also, wondering about humidity for baby tortoises. he has another year of growth left. what should i be keeping him at?

Attachments

• 034.JPG
    034.JPG
    4.5 MB · Views: 17

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
They can do with a drop in temp from day to night, but during the day it should be 100 or a bit higher right under the light, fading to 75 or so at the far end away from the light.

Status
Not open for further replies.