Gregg's mist flower? x

Urbanartist76

Location (City and/or State)
Bedford, Tx
Hey everyone, I'd like to ask if anyone knows if Gregg's mistflower is safe for a Russian tortoise. We've been letting her out to walk and she keep trucking over to it just to devower it. She will still eat the weeds and romaine we put out for her but she also want that. Any advise would be helpful.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Try posting in the Tortoise diet and food topic section here.Maybe someone will see your question there. I tried some researching with no luck sorry.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
I did some looking around, it appears to be part of the Aster family, which from the Table, are safe to feed in moderation. But not certain in “Greggs Mist Flower” -

Conoclinium greggii
Conoclinium greggii (A. Gray) Small
Gregg's Mistflower , Palmleaf Thoroughwort, Palm-leaf Mistflower, Palm-leaf Thoroughwort, Purple Palmleaf Mistflower, Purple Palmleaf Eupatorium
Asteraceae (Aster Family)
Synonym(s): Conoclinium dissectum, Eupatorium greggii

Urbanartist76

Bedford, Tx
I did some looking around, it appears to be part of the Aster family, which from the Table, are safe to feed in moderation. But not certain in “Greggs Mist Flower” -

Conoclinium greggii
Conoclinium greggii (A. Gray) Small
Gregg's Mistflower , Palmleaf Thoroughwort, Palm-leaf Mistflower, Palm-leaf Thoroughwort, Purple Palmleaf Mistflower, Purple Palmleaf Eupatorium
Asteraceae (Aster Family)
Synonym(s): Conoclinium dissectum, Eupatorium greggii
Thanks that's helpful. I won't worry as much then