Guppies and baths.

Status
Not open for further replies.

katelyn0974

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Paradise
Does anyone recommend washing box turtles? If so, with what? Also are guppies ok for them to eat if I put them in a shallow container and let my turts hunt them?

Attachments

• image-1208648084.png
    image-1208648084.png
    618.3 KB · Views: 38

JessiKY

5 Year Member
I soak my baby box turtle almost every day. I'm not sure about the guppies.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
No, you can not wash them with soap. If you think the dirt won't come off with just a soak. You can take a soft brush, like a soft tooth brush and lightly run the brush over the dirtier areas.

katelyn0974

5 Year Member
Paradise
wellington said:
No, you can not wash them with soap. If you think the dirt won't come off with just a soak. You can take a soft brush, like a soft tooth brush and lightly run the brush over the dirtier areas.

Ok that what I do, just wondering. Thanks!

diaboliqueturtle

5 Year Member
Toronto, Canada
I do put a small goldfish or minnow in my baby's soak water for her to hunt. It's such a riot to watch her chase the fish around! If the fish is too small though, it'll be too good at getting away, leaving you with frustrated turtles ;-) I usually ask for fish that's about an inch long.

katelyn0974

5 Year Member
Paradise
diaboliqueturtle said:
I do put a small goldfish or minnow in my baby's soak water for her to hunt. It's such a riot to watch her chase the fish around! If the fish is too small though, it'll be too good at getting away, leaving you with frustrated turtles ;-) I usually ask for fish that's about an inch long.

Thanks! How old is your turtle?

Status
Not open for further replies.