Haboob

Status
Not open for further replies.

CGKeith

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
I had been out in my back yard before the storm hit and I guess I didn't close my back door all the way so when it blew through it blew my door open and in came the dust. I have a layer of it all over the house.

I have been here a long time and seen quite a few but this was the biggest one I can remember.

Neal, I got to ride out a few typhoons myself (Okinawa in the late 80's).

RV's mom

10 Year Member!
Phoenix, arizona
I was out shopping .. my brother in Michigan called me to warn me of the impending wall of doom.. I was standing at the cash register when the lights flickered. Looked outside at the dust and darkness. Spent 30 minutes in one line and then the next, as they tried to get the cash registers to reboot. the car had a layer of muck on it, drops of rain the size of marbles. It was nasty all right.

And right now, its hardly a dry heat. MUGGY. UGH.

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Arizona
sharkstar said:
I was out shopping .. my brother in Michigan called me to warn me of the impending wall of doom.. I was standing at the cash register when the lights flickered. Looked outside at the dust and darkness. Spent 30 minutes in one line and then the next, as they tried to get the cash registers to reboot. the car had a layer of muck on it, drops of rain the size of marbles. It was nasty all right.

And right now, its hardly a dry heat. MUGGY. UGH.

Yeah. This humidity feels like the southeast US. Had a couple of boys stop by the house yesterday asking to wash the car on the driveway for $5. That was a first. See an opportunity, take it! Good for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.