Harlow the "cheap" leopard tort!! plz look

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimmikins

5 Year Member
I have recently bought a leopard tort called wilson *not sure of sex* whilst having a mosey on the sale site i came across two yr old leopard that sounded basically like the bloke wanted rid.. I paid 70 quid for this leopard with the intention that at least i know its in a good home.. Harlow i have called her.. She is pyramiding as you will see.. I will address this best i can.. I bought her home bathed her so she would drink and she is now eating and drinking plenty.. I swear shes older than two because she is HUGE compared to my 16 month old.. any advice plz.. xxx shes lovely you know :) xx

Attachments

• harlow 3.jpg
    harlow 3.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 144
  • harlow 2.jpg
    harlow 2.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 122
  • harlow 1.jpg
    harlow 1.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 107

terryo

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Staten Island, New York
Ya did good. I don't know anything about leopards, but I have seen worse. They have such beautiful markings, don't they?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
She's very pretty. They pyramiding isn't too bad. To me it just looks like she was over fed.

kimmikins

5 Year Member
huge aint she... shes looking at me from the viv... shes a darlin... :).. i got a feeling i have funded someones habit.. still getting her has funded mine lol :)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
She is beautiful! I like the "habit" your funding for yourself. ;)

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
HI, I probably could look this up, but it's easier to ask. What's 70 quid come out to in US dollars(about)?
She is nice looking. Have fun with her!!
Na

kimmikins

5 Year Member
109 dollars.. is that cheap there.. is most certainly is here.. needs some work she aint in the best of condition bu im confident i can get her there bless her.. shes sooooooooo lovely xxxx

Attachments

• harlow 1.jpg
    harlow 1.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 37

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
She is adorable, and I love the name Harlow!! (Nicole Richie's baby, anyone? ;))

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Yes, I agree. Harlow is a great name for a blonde "bombshell" tort. ;)

Post photos of her plastron and more of her carapace and EgyptianDan can make an expert guess on her gender and her age. :cool:

kimmikins

5 Year Member
Stephanie Logan said:
Yes, I agree. Harlow is a great name for a blonde "bombshell" tort. ;)

Post photos of her plastron and more of her carapace and EgyptianDan can make an expert guess on her gender and her age. :cool:

I hane noooo idea what an egyptian dan is ;0 xxx heres some pics.. i will take better ones if you want xxxx

Attachments

• harlos b its 2.jpg
    harlos b its 2.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 47
  • harlow bits.jpg
    harlow bits.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 41

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Well, I won't guess because I'm not the expert. We have several members who are experts, though, so I'm bumping this post back to page one so you can get a sizable sampling of opnions (not to suggest you aren't correct, SulcataDud3 ;) )!

-EJ

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Georgia
You did good on the price.

The pyramiding on the larger is not bad (and is not due to over feeding... it was raised in the UK a cool dry climate). The smaller one is spectacular in shape.

Sexing leopards at that size is impossible (unless you use the coin method... flip a coin... heads, male... tails, female)

Status
Not open for further replies.