Having trouble keeping kiddie pool enclosure rain proof..

aztortoisemullett

I've drilled several holes but I'm simulating some heavy rain and it just continues to fill up. I live in arizona and I'm wondering if the soil underneath is what's causing the drainage issues. I don't want to have to rely on someone to bring her in if I cannot. Any ideas? I thought about elevating it but I'm worried about wind knocking it over.

It doesn't rain here very much at all, but when it does it pours for a few days.

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Medford Oregon
did you try elevating it so that the holes can drain? oh duh sorry nevermind didn't see that lol how would the wind knock it over if there's soil in it? that should weight it down pretty good

aztortoisemullett

did you try elevating it so that the holes can drain? oh duh sorry nevermind didn't see that lol how would the wind knock it over if there's soil in it? that should weight it down pretty good
Think so? I'm just afraid it'll take flight, I don't want her to get hurt. I suppose I could weigh it down a little more just to be sure.

I suppose I could raise it by a few inches with some 2x4's.

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Medford Oregon
i would think so but it if makes you feel better get another person and try to pick it up if it's heavy i'd say your safe if it's light try adding some more soil or maybe placing some cement slabs in it or big rocks alot of us use slabs anyway as feeding station because it helps keep they're beak and nail's trimmed

aztortoisemullett

i would think so but it if makes you feel better get another person and try to pick it up if it's heavy i'd say your safe if it's light try adding some more soil or maybe placing some cement slabs in it or big rocks alot of us use slabs anyway as feeding station because it helps keep they're beak and nail's trimmed
Interesting. I think I will do that if cement can actually benefit them.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
All you need is a small space under the pool. You can accomplish this by setting bricks around under it, or 2x4's...just something so the holes have a place for the water to drain to. I doubt it will get airborne with substrate inside the pool.

johnsonnboswell

5 Year Member
There are no silly questions. Sometimes they get us thinking about new solutions, and everyone learns & wins even more.