To this.......................
IMG_1666.JPGSu-1.JPGIMG_1837.JPG

And THIS......................

IMG_1735.JPG

How can you not Love this Guy/Gal.

Last edited by a moderator:

Urtle

5 Year Member
Looks like you have a cutie on your hands. Im glad you posted. This is a great website if you are looking to learn about proper sulcata care.

What kind of setup do you have for your little one?

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
San Jose CA
Urtle said:
Looks like you have a cutie on your hands. Im glad you posted. This is a great website if you are looking to learn about proper sulcata care.

What kind of setup do you have for your little one?

Thank you for your visit and reply.

You are 100% correct, I'm so glad that I found this forum have so much information, suggestion that I can use. It is not money can buy.

I build a Tortoise table for him, it measured 19" X 72 ". When I build in April, It was a open top table, I have two CHE on each end of table and a 36" ZOOMED T5 HO UVB light tube suspended 15 inch above the table. This will be the one on the right of below photo.
IMG_1615.JPG

I just built a "cap" for all the table, because my electrical bill is went through the roof last month, I need to make those open Tortoise table become a "closed" table/enclosure to save some money.

See the photo I took this morning.

IMG_1951.JPG

This other two, one is for 4 little Leopard Tortoise.

One on the bottom are for two Radiated Tortoise.
IMG_1950.JPG

All three tables now consider "close chamber", I put a clear plastic curtain in the front of the "Cap", so this cap will not obstruct the view of them.

IMG_1953.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Urtle

5 Year Member
I like the idea of having a closed chamber. Have you ever thought about adding more substrate, I believe along with your closed chamber setup, some damp substrate and correct temps your torts will be very pleased.

This is Toms thread on how to raise healthy sulcatas, i think you might find it very informative… How To Raise A Healthy Sulcata I can tell you care a lot about your tortoises.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Yes. Thank you for your suggestion and the link of the thread that Tom wrote. I did read through that thread and that is what influenced me to modify my enclosures.

I have a humidifier that supplied warm mist into all three enclosures. The current humidity are between 70~80%. I have been use coco coil before but my wife complained she smell some odor and she said some fly and small bugs are came out of the substrates. So we only place a small cookie pen and place wet cypress mulches in it.

We do enjoy our tortoises.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
TortieLuver said:
Wow you have been busy with those nice indoor setups:)

I use one weekend to built one enclosure. Those are built within about 6 months periods. I also built one 4'X8' outdoor enclosure for Hermanns. I have another large outdoor, all insulated enclosure are underway.

Two other 3'WX7'LX1.5'H PP plastic sheet enclosure are in order too.

Yes, My wife and I been busy! ! ! ! ! ALL BY GOD'S GRACE!!

Urtle

5 Year Member
Keep up the good work. It takes time and you can almost never get everything right the first time, its just the way it is. Glad you posted about your tort. Keep us posted would love to see how she does with the changes you've made.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Urtle said:
Keep up the good work. It takes time and you can almost never get everything right the first time, its just the way it is. Glad you posted about your tort. Keep us posted would love to see how she does with the changes you've made.

Thank you for the encouraging words. Yes we will. This is definitely a life long lesson. Thanks for this forum and some expert like you.