Heating coils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bow

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
British Columbia
I'm not terribly fond of my ceramic heat emitter, Walter lives in an open table and I feel that most heat just escapes. He used to have a heating coil in his house but he'd dig it up so he could lay on it, I didn't think that would end well so I took it out.

I buried the cable and put slate over it, I think it should work, it hasn't been on long enough to be up to its full temperature. So would it be a yay or nay? The cable is laid out in one big U under the slate with 3-4 inches between it. For some reason it won't let me attach any pictures of it. I'll try later.

Akronic

5 Year Member
if your going to use a stone to radiate heat look into soap stone, ive got a bunch of pieces from my friend who owns a fireplace store. soap stone absorbs/radiates more heat than any other natural material. you could also do an under-tank heat mat under the stone to get the same effect. what are you using for UVB light? you can consolidate your lights and heat emitter by using a Zoo Med Powersun UV. got any pics of the table?

What part of Beautiful British Columbia are ya from? one of my fav provinces, right above New Foundland!

Bow

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
British Columbia
Akronic said:
if your going to use a stone to radiate heat look into soap stone, ive got a bunch of pieces from my friend who owns a fireplace store. soap stone absorbs/radiates more heat than any other natural material. you could also do an under-tank heat mat under the stone to get the same effect. what are you using for UVB light? you can consolidate your lights and heat emitter by using a Zoo Med Powersun UV. got any pics of the table?

What part of Beautiful British Columbia are ya from? one of my fav provinces, right above New Foundland!

I have an ExoTerra MVB bulb. I actually tried to get pictures to post, for some reason it's not working...
I think I'll see how this works out before getting all different stuff, it seems to be working fairly well so far.

I'm in the Vancouver area, a few hours away or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.