Heating/lighting observation.

Elohi

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Texas
I noticed the Leo enclosure has been a few degrees warmer so I turned the CHE off as an experiment.
Humidity went from 82% to 99%. Temp dropped on that side from 90F to 81F. Both temp and humidity have held there all day.
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1398387133.213348.jpg

On the other side I have a 65w watt incandescent flood light. Humidity has hovered between 82%-84% with a temp of 90-91F.
ATTACH=full]77599[/ATTACH]

I obviously still need to put the CHE on a thermostat and am wanting to get a lower wattage flood bulb. Is a lower wattage a good idea?

Elohi(Earth)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1398387303.829491.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1398387303.829491.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 10

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Medford Oregon
when it comes to the staying there all day i've found that some acurite monitor's will stick even after the humidity drops like one of mine stuck i pulled it out for awhile and it still stuck at 99% so i kind of wonder if the monitor is being exposed to to much humidity as it almost seem's it has to dry out before being accurate again that's just my observation tho i have two of the same in your picture one of those is what stuck and 2 red version's of those that i use

mikeh

5 Year Member
when it comes to the staying there all day i've found that some acurite monitor's will stick even after the humidity drops like one of mine stuck i pulled it out for awhile and it still stuck at 99% so i kind of wonder if the monitor is being exposed to to much humidity as it almost seem's it has to dry out before being accurate again that's just my observation tho i have two of the same in your picture one of those is what stuck and 2 red version's of those that i use
Yes they do get stuck. Happens when water gets inside the sensor when misting the enclosure or when condensation builds up inside.

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Medford Oregon
Yes they do get stuck. Happens when water gets inside the sensor when misting the enclosure or when condensation builds up inside.
yea i've noticed it help's alot if you take the gauge out when misting then put it back in when you finish seem's to be the most accurate readings to me