Heating

RedDipper

Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana
I am upgrading my little guy to a wodden tortoise table. The dark side I want to warm but no light. It is solid. It is wood. I have heating pads can I place them on the top of the lid or under the box. We have only used them on the glass tanks. I dont want to start a fire. Has anyone ever used them on wood before? This is my enclosure.Screenshot_20210220-084040_Samsung Internet.jpg

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
PacificNorthWest
I believe you should use a liner, like a shower curtain liner. Staple it all around, then put in your substrate. Use a heating pad in a side. I use 5 wooden tort tables and never worried about a fire.

RedDipper

Louisiana
I believe you should use a liner, like a shower curtain liner. Staple it all around, then put in your substrate. Use a heating pad in a side. I use 5 wooden tort tables and never worried about a fire.
I have a shower curtain liner i am going to use. Does the heating pad go on tue side on the inside or outside.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
Heating pads aren't the safest things to use for torts. If you want heat without light, why don't you use a CHE on a thermostat?

They are safe, easier to control temp, and not some bulky pad you have to figure out how to hang.

You do need a ceramic socket for a CHE. And you need the thermostat, but you'd need the 'stat for a heating pad too.