hello again...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
She's beautiful. I think you're keeping her a little too dry, though. The scutes usually plump up when they're kept in a very humid environment. They also love to actually sit in the water, fairly deep water, spending many hours just relaxing in their spa.

Moonstar

5 Year Member
java
i see..thks for the advice..i will take pictures of her indoor tortoise table tomorrow and let you see it here

Moonstar

5 Year Member
java
Here is the tortoise table where she live..

Attachments

• IMG-20150817-01243.jpg
    IMG-20150817-01243.jpg
    421 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG-20150817-01244.jpg
    IMG-20150817-01244.jpg
    396.8 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG-20150817-01245.jpg
    IMG-20150817-01245.jpg
    412.1 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG-20150817-01246.jpg
    IMG-20150817-01246.jpg
    348.7 KB · Views: 42

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
A really beautiful tortoise!
I would get a shallow terracotta saucer to use as a water bowl, big enough for her to soak in and sink it into the substrate.
Does she get fresh food as well ?

teresaf

5 Year Member
Port Charlotte, Florida
Yes the terracotta saucers come in different sizes so you can get a relativly large one and create a pool for her...I wish I had a recent pic of mine so you could see what i mean. Do bury the dish so it's not a flipping hazard, not that these flat little buggers flip often but it makes it simpler for them to get in and out...

Moonstar

5 Year Member
java
A really beautiful tortoise!
I would get a shallow terracotta saucer to use as a water bowl, big enough for her to soak in and sink it into the substrate.
Does she get fresh food as well ?
What does a terracotta saucer look like?every morning I soak her in a container outside the tortoise table, she also get fresh fruits and vegetables

Moonstar

5 Year Member
java
I cant wait til mine gets big but Im loving the "raising them" thing! How old and big is yours?
I don't know how old is she, that's what I want to find out, can anyone help?she is about 30cm (carapace length) and weigh about 3400grams..when I got her she was about 18cm and weigh 1800grams, that was on september 2013..how big are your tort?

teresaf

5 Year Member
Port Charlotte, Florida
I have the larger MEPs not MEEs, so no comparison, but they are11 months and just hit 450grams. They physically look the same just MEPs get bigger overall. I can't imagine what they look like when they are yours's size.

teresaf

5 Year Member
Port Charlotte, Florida
A terracotta planter pot is made up of the red brick type material and the saucer is the part that holds the water underneath. EVERYONE here uses them so you'll see them in pictures...

Moonstar

5 Year Member
java
Well she's still relatively young If she's still growing but I doubt you'll ever know how old she is.
i see..the biggest one that i have seen here is about 45cm, it belongs to my friend..but he already sold the tort

Moonstar

5 Year Member
java
A terracotta planter pot is made up of the red brick type material and the saucer is the part that holds the water underneath. EVERYONE here uses them so you'll see them in pictures...
hhmm...i think i know what it is...i have one of those, but its made from plastic..i think i should find one in the flower/plant shop

Moonstar

5 Year Member
java
thank you all for your "beautiful" comments about my tort..but in here, most people thinks that mee is ugly and unattractive, they prefer to have sulcatas, indian star, radiated tort and pardalis because they have more colorful carapace..in here the mee is the cheapest tort you can get..i think mee is a very interesting tort considering its behaviour (they said that its the oldest living tort on earth, and they will build nest to lay eggs)...but there arent many mee breeders in here, they prefer to breed other tort cause it will make more money than the mee..and believe it or not, they arent protected by the laws in here even though they are becoming extinct in the wild..thats why i am very interested to breed them, even though i dont have the space, knowledge, time and money to do that now..lolllll!!!

teresaf

5 Year Member
Port Charlotte, Florida
@Yvonne G Has many MEEs and a lot of people here in united states do realize how much personality the MEEs and MEPs have. That's why I have them....that and the size they get too(MEPs anyway). they aren't the cheapest here. Not by a longshot. Many are less expensive. Sulcatas being one of them. Even leopards are less expensive. Yes, breeders are needed of these sweeties. Hopefully some day we'll be able to bring their numbers up in the wild...time will tell

Moonstar

5 Year Member
java
@Yvonne G Has many MEEs and a lot of people here in united states do realize how much personality the MEEs and MEPs have. That's why I have them....that and the size they get too(MEPs anyway). they aren't the cheapest here. Not by a longshot. Many are less expensive. Sulcatas being one of them. Even leopards are less expensive. Yes, breeders are needed of these sweeties. Hopefully some day we'll be able to bring their numbers up in the wild...time will tell
They look prehistoric like the crocodile/alligator but they're cute aren't they?lol!!!