Hello all !! Looking for Indian star

balesh06

Location (City and/or State)
Westborough MA
Hi All

I’m new to this forum but not new to the hobby. I am looking for an Indian start tortoise, hatchling or juvenile in the US. Any breeders here please contact me.

Thanks
Bala

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Welcome to the forum. I am sure someone will answer your question soon.
When I was interested in getting a Indian Star. It was suggested to me to get a Burmese. They said they were easier to care for. That's what was suggested to me. Cant remember all the particulars why. I never got one,decided one sulcata was enough. 😁

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hi All

I’m new to this forum but not new to the hobby. I am looking for an Indian start tortoise, hatchling or juvenile in the US. Any breeders here please contact me.

Thanks
Bala
I don't know of anyone breeding regular stars. @Rodriguez Chelonians is producing Sri Lankan stars, and they might know of someone with regular stars too.

I have tons of Burmese stars available and more hatching right now. Is that an option, or are you specifically looking for elegans for a reason?

turtlesteve

10 Year Member!
I am hatching Indian stars this year, but I was planning on growing them up for 6-12 months before finding them homes, because hatchlings of this species are more delicate than most.

Do you have experience raising hatchling tortoises, and can you detail what enclosure setup you plan to use?

Reactions: Tom