hello, anyone can give me suggestion??

Status
Not open for further replies.

filbertjonathan

5 Year Member
hey let me introduce myself, I am filbert, 25 years old, from Indonesia.
I have 2 sulcatas, 2 leopard, 1 cherry head, and one emys. Input emys separately form the others.

I have a problem with my one leopard tortoise, he doesn't want to eat beside long bean, i know it is not good for his health.

I put the in tortoise table, 120 x 80 cm, with UVB ligh, two basking intense, bedding with RTLS, the temp in the sleep side 28-31 celcius, in the activity side 32-35 celcius, a water dish to soak by themself (the others like to soak and drink there), in the basking spot 34-35 celcius. i soak the every day 15-30 menit, sunbathe the 30-60 mites depnds on the sun intensity. the others is okay. and grwo quickly.

but the problem in my 10 cm leopard make me headache, who can give me advise? he just want to eat long bean.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Welcome, Filbert!

Try to find some leafy greens to offer the tortoise. You can even buy packaged lettuces to try. Its hard for us to know what types of produce you have available in Indonesia...but dark green, leaf vegetables that you could buy for yourself would be ok to offer to the tortoise.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Hello and welcome :)

I agree with Yvonne. The thing to do with picky eaters is to stop feeding the food that they are fixed on. A healthy tortoise can go 2-3 weeks without eating, but not without water. You have to be strong and only feed other foods. A hungry tortoise will eat eventually!

Your Leopard, Sulcata and cherry head all have different care needs and diet. Particularly the Cherry head needs much greater humidity levels. I personally would not recommend keeping them all together.

You do need to look out for bullying. With such a range of tortoises in one enclosure, it is possible that one of the others is mentally or physically bullying the leopard and that could be the cause of his problems. I would move the Leopard out now and see if that helps him.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I agree with JoesMum. Each species needs its own enclosure. The sulcatas will eventually bully and possible kill the others. As for the leopard that won't eat, chop all kinds of food his is suppose to eat and also the beans. Mix together and spritz with water. As he starts to eat this mixture, slowly add less and less bean and more of the other stuff, to where eventually there are no beans in his food. May be a little easier to do then just watching him not eat at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.