Hello from WV

Greg Stephens

Location (City and/or State)
Huntington WV
Just wanted to say hey and introduce myself to the forum. My name is Greg Stephens. I am from Huntington WV. I have been working with reptiles in one for or another for 25 years.

In all my years I have never owned or worked with Tortoises. Guess I'm joining the club since I got a new baby Sulcata as a surprise birthday present this morning.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1417027031847.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1417027031847.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 14

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello Greg welcome to the TFO from AZ . I started out 15 years ago with one Res now I have a bunch ! So watch out they are addicting . You can wake up one morning and you will have 3 and say they are cute and a week later you'll have 5 so watch out :)

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Grandpe always correct. I wake-up one morning and found out I have 25!!:eek::eek:

Welcome to the forum! ! ! ! !!

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Bouaboua
Thank you but I wish I would have stopped at 25 and if there would have had 2 more pancakes at the Mesa reptile show I would have had 2 more now :)
We all very sick...........Hahahahahaha! ! ! ! !

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Welcome Greg
I hope the nice person surprized you as well with a nice ready-made covered enclosure for your new guy! Welcome to the forum. Tom's care sheet under the Sulcata species has ALL THE INFO that you need to get up and running quickly and properly. Hopefully there is a Home Depot, Ace Hardware, or Lowes near you. Getting your "stuff" from these establishments vice a pet store will save you a lot of money! Have fun.

Greg Stephens

Huntington WV
No they supplied the tort, but I have enclosures, and I just bought a new Mercury Vapor Bulb. I will be building a custom enclosure this weekend. Oh I am an avid hardware store shopper for all my herps.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the forum, Greg!

Please clear your mind of anything you thought you knew about raising tortoises, and read the pinned threads at the top of the Sulcata section with an open mind. We have new info about raising babies, info that might cause you to say, "WHAT????"

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
Welcome Greg. Your little guys shell looks a little dry so be sure you're keeping it in high humidity.