Hello im new

manmythlegend

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Yeah... bank wiring isn't safe. It's used a lot here in the United States to scam folks out of money which is why you want to use something along the lines of Paypal. If they won't utilize Paypal or some other equally secure type of situation for exchange of funds, I'd pass on whatever they're selling.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Hello and Welcome.

Alaskamike

South Florida
Thanks. I want to ask is the seller in this forum safe?thanks
What you are asking is impossible to answer. I will say those who contribute on a regular basis, have been members here a long time ( years) are probably " safe". But ANYONE can join this forum , and even their information is not vetted ( checked). It's an open forum.

If it was me in your situation , I would send the name of who you might deal with in a PRIVATE message to a staff member on the forum. Ask if they know anything about them , have any history of them selling tortoises.

Wire Transfers should never be used unless you know the person very well. You have no recourse if you don't get the tortoise.

Good fortunes
Mike.

ahong86

The seller name is joe, anyone have been bought from him? He is in Florida and I want to buy the albino sulcata. The problems he has no PayPal and ask me bank wire. Thanks for the respond.