Hello Olive!

TiyahLove

5 Year Member
ImageUploadedByTortForum1384991931.332357.jpg

I purchased Olive from a very reputable breeder that has a fantastic setup and that cares for the babies as they should.
Weighed Olive in today and s/he weighs 2.5 oz! And she has an extremely smooth shell. Very happy with the baby!

I built two closed chambers that are 4ftx3ft and I have the materials to build a larger one when the time comes along. Humidity is good, temperature is good, and they have plenty of things to explore, climb on, and hide in. Both babies eat like champs and get a very good diet.

I'll upload some more pics of the babies tomorrow, they're sleeping little sweeties right now. Don't want to bug them. Olive was sleepy when I took the picture.

Last edited by a moderator:

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Very nice looking tort . Sounds like you have everything worked out.

TiyahLove

5 Year Member
ImageUploadedByTortForum1384993816.954676.jpg

I think they like their version of orange crush (carrot babyfood soak) a little too much. Tiger has sat and bit and gulped at the water like he can't get enough.

Last edited by a moderator:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Very cute. Glad to hear you have them set up right, right off the bat. However, the baby food soaks are not needed for healthy tortoises. They are only needed if your tortoise has not been eating and the eyes are swollen or won't open. Too much vitamin A is not good either. I would not do any more baby food soaks. Just warm water soaks only.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Florida, USA
Cute Babies. That's wonderful that you are keeping them safe and healthy. Keep us posted on their progress.