Hello

Jesco21

Location (City and/or State)
Chandler, Az
Hi my name is Jason from Arizona. Meet Turbo my leopard tortoise. I’ve been wanting a tortoise for a while and decided to pull the trigger and pick this guy up! I look forward seeing him grow. This is my first tortoise so any info you guys provide is much appreciated!

Attachments

• C27F9534-C31E-46EF-A4F6-9EE4ED73154A.jpeg
    C27F9534-C31E-46EF-A4F6-9EE4ED73154A.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 27
  • E074FF38-A441-45C5-ACDA-C7CAD62B5A3B.jpeg
    E074FF38-A441-45C5-ACDA-C7CAD62B5A3B.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 20

jamie.lynn1121

Pittsburgh Pennsylvania
Hi my name is Jason from Arizona. Meet Turbo my leopard tortoise. I’ve been wanting a tortoise for a while and decided to pull the trigger and pick this guy up! I look forward seeing him grow. This is my first tortoise so any info you guys provide is much appreciated!

Welcome to the forum! Your little guy is adorable! I wish you the best of luck! I am a first time tortoise owner as well the forum has helped out a ton!

Stuart S.

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Paris, Texas
What's up Jason! Congrats on pulling the trigger! Have you checked out the leopard section and it's care sheets? Cute baby you have there!

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lewisville, Texas

Jesco21

Chandler, Az
Thanks! I do have a question. The enclosure I’m using is a cement mixing tub. On the cool side the humidity is stays around 70-80% at 75-80 degrees but on the hot side it’s around 50-60% humidity at 95-100 degrees. Is that ok or do I need to have just as high humidity on the hot side? I do have a plexi glass cover that goes on the top and I cut out a square under the mercury vapor bulb so it lets the uvb in.

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lewisville, Texas
Thanks! I do have a question. The enclosure I’m using is a cement mixing tub. On the cool side the humidity is stays around 70-80% at 75-80 degrees but on the hot side it’s around 50-60% humidity at 95-100 degrees. Is that ok or do I need to have just as high humidity on the hot side? I do have a plexi glass cover that goes on the top and I cut out a square under the mercury vapor bulb so it lets the uvb in.

The humidity is great! I would recommend getting the temps on the cool side up just a bit, but it seems like you have things pretty figured out. If you ever have trouble holding the humidity in because of the hole for the lights, try building a frame over the lights and covering it with a shower curtain. Do you have any night heat?

Jesco21

Chandler, Az
I have heat blanket under tub that I turn on at night and that keeps it at around 80 degrees. It’s on its lowest heat setting. I’m going to be building a closed chamber enclosure soon. Once that is done planning on having a CHE one side of the enclosure

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lewisville, Texas
I have heat blanket under tub that I turn on at night and that keeps it at around 80 degrees. It’s on its lowest heat setting. I’m going to be building a closed chamber enclosure soon. Once that is done planning on having a CHE one side of the enclosure

Are you sure that the blanket is keeping it at 80? Do you use a button thermometer?

Jesco21

Chandler, Az
yeah I use a button thermometer and I have a thermometer gun. My house stays pretty warm (our heater still runs) so the heat blanket/ pad keeps it right around 80