Hello!

Status
Not open for further replies.

phunkeepunk

5 Year Member
Hello,
I'm quite new to the site (& bit shy at first!) but from reading various threads you all seem very welcoming & really helpful so thought I would say hi :)
I became very proud owner of two 5yr old red foots, George & Mildred a couple months ago, Mildred is quite reserved & bit of a loner & very good at disappearing-she's a bit of a 'stealth tort'!lol but George is very cheeky, as you'll see from pics I've attached, sticks his nose into everything!
I only have one concern(at the moment!) georges scutes have separated with his growth but mildreds haven't, her growth rings all are around the base of her carapace...is this normal or will her scutes eventually separate?!(hope that makes sense) some advice would be good :)
Nice to meet you all!
Eamma x

image-1367853720.png

George

image-410086449.png

Mildred

image-3899701498.png

George discovering dogs food bowl(I did pick it up after photo taken)

image-3352744826.png
Mildred inside pot, George asleep on top!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Phunkeepunk:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

May we know your name and where you are?

You were right to be worried about Mildred's shell. She's showing the effects of poor diet and less than optimum living conditions.

Go to the "Library" link at the bottom of one of Madkins007 posts and read all you can about redfoot tortoises. There's still time to fix what's going wrong with her shell, but you have to start now.

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
New York
Welcome to the tortoise train, nice looking Redfoots you have there!

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
Welcome to the Forum Phunkeepunk

Im glad you rescued that poor couple! Now they will get the best care possable!

phunkeepunk

5 Year Member
Wow! Thank you for the advice, I've been feeding nice variety of food-did alot of research before getting them so will def act on this & try to help Mildred as best I can :)
My name is Eamma & from Dorset in the UK :)

phunkeepunk

5 Year Member
Hiya, thought I'd give an update on Mildred, taken them both to vets for check over & advice, both ok & healthy and been advised to get uv (which was planning on getting anyway) & give them supplement nutrabal and should rectify mildreds problem :) have already gone & bought both, the new uv bulb/unit can't get to work but friend is going to come round and sort! I'm feeling loads happier now she's been looked at & you guys have been great with your advice, thank you x

Status
Not open for further replies.