Hello!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EP429

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Central Texas
I've already poked my head in a few times but I suppose an official introduction is in order :)
My name is Eric, I'm 25 years old (grumpier than an arthritic 85 year old most days) a husband, father, and a life-long turtle/tortoise fan. I'm located just a stone's-throw north of Austin, Texas.
I remember when I was around 4 years old, the old TMNT cartoon was in full swing at this time, which led to this long-lived obsession I suppose :p
My dad worked in South Texas at the time, and one week he'd come across a Texas Tortoise taking a stroll through a busy street, and brought it home to us. One thing led to another, over the next couple of years I had several TT's, and just as many box turtles. Being a kid, having moved several times, and forbidden to unleash the tools in the garage, my enclosures were outdoors & very make-shift, ultimately causing to me having 0 turts & torts.
I recently got the itch again, and bought a redfoot from Vicki Hale. I also have an 8 month old son who I expect will enjoy these wonderful creatures as much as I have. I figure they might can handle each other in about 3-4 years, and will be a companion to him for many years to come.
We've named the tort Rosso (Italian for Red), if he becomes a she, Rossa works just fine :D
DSCF5964.jpgDSCF5897.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Zamric

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
The Crystal Unicorn
Welcome to the Forum!

I can see your daughter saying;
"Finally! Somthing smaller than me!"

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin