Hello :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vesela

5 Year Member
Hi everyone :),

I'm relatively new to this forum and this is my first post. I'm from Chicago, and I have a red foot, yellow foot and a greek tortoise (they are all still babies). The yellow foot recently got an eye infection, after I moved, and I found the information in this forum extremely helpful! He is definitely getting better.

I love tortoises. I've taken care of injured and abused tortoises when I was younger (back in my home country), and I bred a small group of hermanns in my grandparents garden. Outside of tortoises I grow a huge amount of orchids and other plants.

A current project of mine is to take advantage of the huge windows in the new place I just moved in, by building a hygrolon self watering system for most of my orchids along with integrated tortoise enclosure for the red foot and yellow foot, where moisture will be pretty much self maintained and there will be lots of natural light for the tortoises in addition to the uv and heat lamps.

:tort:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Vesela! It sounds like a beautiful project and I can't wait to see pictures when it is completed.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:) I also live in Chicago. Do you still live in Chicago or you mentioned you moved? I would love to see pics when you have your project up and running.

Status
Not open for further replies.