Help - baby hermann tortoise

LBAL25

Location (City and/or State)
ANGUS
Hello, just looking for advice on our new torts set up and to check if we are doing things right. We have had her about 2 weeks now and she will be one next month, we originally bought her from a pet shop and were given all the wrong advice.

She started in her tortoise table on wood chips and being fed greens along with tortoise pellets which we have since realised is all wrong! We corrected it right away and now her tortoise table is filled with top soil and the pellets have been binned. Her lamp and uvb light both come on at 8am and go off at 10pm at night.

Since putting her on soil she seems to only ever stay around her basking lamp and under her tunnel we have given her? The first few days she slept in a different place every night, usually in the hide or in a corner but since being on the soil she goes to the tunnel but has recently been burrowing under her bark. We are worried she is too hot as under the basking lamp is usually about 38/42 but when we use a lower bulb it isn't hot enough so we are still trying to get a bracket to have it sitting higher and lower the temp. The cooler end where her food and water is always about 20-26 ish which I thought was fine but she doesn't seem to go there very much I don't think? We are at work all day so aren't 100% sure but very rarely so we are her go in

She also seems to have pooped in her water bowl a couple of times and it's very runny and green looking, almost looks like a leave that's disintegrated but it's brown too so it's definitely poop? There has been a couple of solid ones too so I don't know if that is just certain foods or if it is cause for concern? We have been mainly giving her pak choi, spring greens, rocket, romaine lettuce, clover, cress and recently pansy flowers we got and rose petals. Odd bit of cucumber too without skin.

We found her to be a lot more active when she was on the wood chips and we think she is sleeping a lot more which I know isn't always a good sign, we are struggling to read any information the same so any advice would be greatly appreciated! Have included photos of her current set up, the poop in the bowl, the temp under lamp and just as much visuals as possible for advice! (You will see she is under the bark just now)

Thanks so much

Attachments

• IMG_9646.JPG
    IMG_9646.JPG
    926.5 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_9647.JPG
    IMG_9647.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_9648.JPG
    IMG_9648.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_9651.JPG