Help (baby trying to escape)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kobers

5 Year Member
My Little Mario keeps standing upright at the edge of his enclosure. I thought at first he only did it by his water stone so I buried it more but he does it everywhere, the corners the straight bit etc.. he landed on his back for the first time yesterday. Scared me "( any ideas why he is doing it or how I can make it safer if he falls and iam not home?? Thank you xx

Sent from my GT-I8190N using TortForum mobile app

Attachments

• 1379466789005.jpg
    1379466789005.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 120

Blgreek08

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Beaver Falls, Pa
Re: Help

Add some rocks and plants to help him flip himself back over. How big is the enclosure. It may be to small if he is trying to get out and explore and get away from the small space

Sent from my DROID RAZR using TortForum mobile app

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
RE: Help

I would make sure that if it flips into its water dish that it is shallow enough that it wont drown in it. Or even take it out while your not at home. As far as my enclosure, I always kept everything out that he could use to flip himself over with. Then when my wife or I was home we put his water dish and stuff back in. Better safe then sorry, for me at least. Good luck!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
If you don't want to remove the water dish, move it away from the walls. Place more into the center. Also, adding plants and rocks as suggested will help him right himself if he flips again.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
I agree to move the water dish out of the corner. I have never kept water in the corner and this is one of the reasons why.

He could be bored. What else is in there? Plants to walk around and hide under? Rocks to break up his line of sight? The more interesting you make the enclosure the more your tort has to do and is less likely to try and scale the wall.

Saleama

5 Year Member
Irving Texas
Move the dish, better yet, get a terra cotta saucer from Home depot or Wal-Mart and use that. Also, I put some plastic garden edge on my corners to turn them into curves and I angled it out a little. My babies can not climb up on it any more and I have not had a flip over in nearly a month.

AnnV

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
SWFL
Wow, smart little guy.
I dont think any of mine realize there is a way out!
I hope you can change his ways. That would make me nervous too.

Ann from CT

Kobers

5 Year Member
Thankyou guys for all your replies, his envlosure is boring. Jam hunting for plants go put in there, no pet shops here sell them so any uk online stores I could use??, iam going to center the water dush and curve tge corners see if tgis helps. If not an extension is in order haha x

Sent from my GT-I8190N using TortForum mobile app

Kobers

5 Year Member
Thank you guys ill take a lil look x

Sent from my GT-P3110 using TortForum mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.