HELP! BETTA TROUBLE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Happy Tortoise

5 Year Member
I gave one of my pet betta fish to my friend for her b-day and it was healthy and cute. But now it's fins are tearing off like crazy... Is it like tubercolosis (how do you spell this)? I had a betta who died from that, my two year old fishy named Red. :(. I don't want my friend's heart breaking, she loves that fish dearly. Any suggestions? I trust you guys with my heart!
[hr]
[quote='Happy Tortoise']
I gave one of my pet betta fish to my friend for her b-day and it was healthy and cute. But now it's fins are tearing off like crazy... Is it like tubercolosis (how do you spell this)? I had a betta who died from that, my two year old fishy named Red. :(. I don't want my friend's heart breaking, she loves that fish dearly. Any suggestions? I trust you guys with my heart![img]
[/quote][img]http://20230506_164116

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Possible fin rot or if its in with other fish, someone is nibbling on it. There is meds for fin rot. If it is with other fish, remove the Betta and put in its own bowl. That's all I can help I can give.

tortoiselove25

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Kentucky
I came across this post kind of late and I don't know if anything is still wrong but I figured I would still try to help!

Betta fish have very delicate fins and cannot be kept with plastic plants as it tears them apart. The choice for decor is silk plants or even better, live safe plants.

Another problem could be the kind of tank or bowl it is living in. These fish maybe small but they require a minimum of a 2.5 gallon tank with an adjustable heater to keep the water at a comfortable 78-80F for the fish as they do come from warm water and not cold like gold fish.

Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.