Help me Decide

Status
Not open for further replies.

KTyne

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Chilliwack, BC
Hi guys,

I'm new here and I was wondering if you guys could give me some insight on which Tortoise would fit in my family. :)

I'm considering getting a Russian Tortoise but I'm not sure if it would be the best species for us or not.

-I want a Tortoise that stays smaller (around Russian Size) because we don't have a ton of room for a super big enclosure.
-A beginner Tortoise since it'll be my first
-Preferably a Tort that isn't super shy (not sure if certain species are prone to being more shy than another)

That's all my requirements I think!

Price isn't an issue because I'm going to save up for this guy so saving up a bit longer to get a more expensive animal doesn't concern me.

We currently have 3 cats, 1 Leopard Gecko, 1 Crested Gecko, and one Ball Python. Then there is me, my husband, and our 1 year old son. The Reptiles are currently kept in our Office/Art room so they would be kept away from the cats and our son. The Tortoise would most likely live in the basement if we are still in this house when I get him!

Thanks so much guys!

Yuttt

5 Year Member
I would advise a Hermann tortoise. They're about the same size, have a reputation for being friendly, and a pretty robust. Others that I know of are the Russians, and Greeks. You'll love any tortoise that you get!

KTyne

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Chilliwack, BC
Thanks for the tip! I'm thinking I might stick with the Russian, as that is the one I've already researched the most. :) They are all cute so I think I'll definitely be happy with whichever one I bring home!

Status
Not open for further replies.