Help my sulcata ate something sticky!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

spiderlord247

5 Year Member
I had my scilcata sunbathing today and was doing fine for hours along with the other leopards but I went go check on them as I do every hour or so and he has this sticky slime all over his mouth! So I bring him inside and take s closer look and he us wheezing from his nose but it looks clear, and I clean off the slime and there's mire all over in his mouth! So I instantly put him in a soak and get some water in his mouth and it stops being sooo sticky but is still all over in his mouth. It's a almost clear but translucent greenish/yellow???? Could it be a slug?? Only other thing I could think of would maybe be a pine tree beetles or sapp??? There's pine trees all around his pen but there always is, and never had this happen?

Has this happens to anyone else? And guesses in what's wronge or solutions on helping him? Because he's still wheezing! Thanks. Eric

Attachments

• image-2032013180.png
    image-2032013180.png
    200.7 KB · Views: 50
  • image-1097729133.png
    image-1097729133.png
    196.1 KB · Views: 56
  • image-2773835712.png
    image-2773835712.png
    146.8 KB · Views: 40

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
RE: Help my scilcata ate something sticky!!

I can't say for certain, but It might not have been a slug, he could have gotten over heated, when a tortoise does get overheated as a last resort they sort of cover themselves with mucus to cool down, does he have a hide in his sun bathing area, does he have a area to cool down with?

spiderlord247

5 Year Member
RE: Help my scilcata ate something sticky!!

Yeah he has a shaded area and a completely covered cool hide but it might have been? About an hour after I soaked him it went away and now he's much better, no slime and not wheezing.

Status
Not open for further replies.