HELP?? (reverse pyramiding)

Kelly71

Location (City and/or State)
london ontario canada
Hi,
Well I do give him cuttle bone. You have to also keep in mind mine is a very small baby still. His skin
was peeling which I was told is normal he is growing. I have had him to 2 vets any like I said they said
nothing about his shell. His scales I would say are not REALLY caved in. I do have also have 2 water
dishes the big one he could go in is ground level so all he has to do is walk in and he can get to it on all
sides and out fine. I did feed him butter worms and the one vet said he was a little to small for them yet. And it is funny
bc on the way home he pooed out the whole worm undigested. I have played with his temps and humidity a bit
and this is what he likes. And like I said I have had alot of people say those bubble swirl marks is bc he is
well hydrated so am confused? And could be from good growth so either way that is good right? Like
I must have everything right for him to be growing that good so I must be doing something right? And
if it is from being well hydrated that must also play a part in his good growth if that is what they are
from? Thanks

Kelly71

london ontario canada
Hi,
I also wanted to share what the vet had in this new book he helped
write on the care of Red and Yellowfoots? You might have to blow
the pics up to read what is says? Thanks11185814_10152714481571968_1900289154_n (1).jpg

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
Hi,
Well I do give him cuttle bone. You have to also keep in mind mine is a very small baby still. His skin
was peeling which I was told is normal he is growing. I have had him to 2 vets any like I said they said
nothing about his shell. His scales I would say are not REALLY caved in. I do have also have 2 water
dishes the big one he could go in is ground level so all he has to do is walk in and he can get to it on all
sides and out fine. I did feed him butter worms and the one vet said he was a little to small for them yet. And it is funny
bc on the way home he pooed out the whole worm undigested. I have played with his temps and humidity a bit
and this is what he likes. And like I said I have had alot of people say those bubble swirl marks is bc he is
well hydrated so am confused? And could be from good growth so either way that is good right? Like
I must have everything right for him to be growing that good so I must be doing something right? And
if it is from being well hydrated that must also play a part in his good growth if that is what they are
from? Thanks
What size is your tort

Kelly71

london ontario canada
Hi,
Sorry I dont know the name of it but as I said it is written only for vets use and my vet helped
write it with some others. It does have other kinds of reptiles in it also. Thanks

Kelly71

london ontario canada
Hi,
Yes, is does look similar but I cant say for sure. He re-wrote one I know ( newer ) ? What does that matter
anyways? I have to say the first 75 pages look pretty good wish I could read the rest? lol Thanks

Last edited:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I don't think he gave an opinion of the book. He was just linking it so we all could see the title.

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
Hi,
I just wanted to ask what you are saying is all the info in this book you linked
me to is all wrong? Thanks
[/QU
Hi,
Yes, is does look similar but I cant say for sure. He re-wrote one I know ( newer ) ? What does that matter
anyways? I have to say the first 75 pages look pretty good wish I could read the rest? lol Thanks

Hi Kelly. Is this book a general book on all Tortoise species. Or does the contents of the book have sections for individual Tortoise species. For example is the there a section specific to redfoots, and a section specific to hermanns.

EDIt: fixed quote/reply nesting - jaizei

Last edited by a moderator:

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
Hi,
from? Thanks
Hi again. How long have you had this tort for. I was thinking. When you got her/him from the pet shop. Was he dry and hydrated,and maybe it's just a matter of time till you see the scute level off. Then again there maybe nothing wrong at all. Is it a pure redfoots. I'm colourblind, but even I can see the carapace is an out of the ordinary colour. Looks nice either way.

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
Hi,
I have already showed pics of Sunny cage and what his temps are etc and everyone on here said it
was fine? I dont know what you mean by, if the shell is gard all over including the plastron? Sorry
Kelly, I'm becoming obsessed with your Tortoise. Lol. Are you sure it's not a yellowfoot. Or yellow x redfoots. It has 2 parralel prefontal scales. This is the characteristic of a yellowfoot. Redfoots have 1 prefontal scale. Has anyone else commented on your tort species.

Kelly71

london ontario canada
Hi,
I have just had Sunny since end of April. And yes he was pretty dry. I just had another person say it could
be some kind of fungus bc his bedding looks to wet and I might bath him to much? Every other day might
be to much now he is in better conditions? Twice a week would be fine now. And yes Sunny is a Yellowfoot
but could be some kind of a mix I have been told? lol I dont care what he is he is cute as hell! lol

Kelly71

london ontario canada
Hi,
And yes everyone on here says he is a Yellowfoot but after the 2 long scales he does have one scale over
his hole nose? lol Cant see it in pics I have tried? lol