Help! Tortoise got too hot!

Aloysius Taschse

Location (City and/or State)
Mainly Texas
Thank you. I buried her yesterday by an oak tree in my backyard and despite being just a tiny tortoise that most people will forget about in a few years I will always remember her as my first independent pet (Hermin and all my other pets were gotten by my parents). Thank you everyone for your help and for giving me advice to make her life happy in the short time she was around, and hopefully I can find an excuse to stay on the tortoise forum even without a tortoise. (My sense of humor hasn't changed much).

• Sad
Reactions: Ink

Aloysius Taschse

Location (City and/or State)
Mainly Texas
It might be pointless to investigate but I want to make sure I didn't do anything wrong and make sure it doesn't happen again. I think it was a bladder stone, due to the fact that: a, here back legs were weak and would occasionally would fail to keep her high up and she would fall, b. I found her tucked in her shell at the time of death which is the usual position she goes into when about to pee, and c. I haven't seen any trace of urine in her enclosure or bath in the past few weeks and almost no poop. I feel especially and because she probably was in a lot of pain and neither the breeder or me fed her the proper diet for a long time. I feel really bad and I won't buy any more torts until I know that they are well started. Fortunately, breeders like Tom and others are tort experts and know how to raise them well. Take this advice if your looking into getting a tort: always always make sure they are well started and well cared for and if you get an abused one make sure that it is healthy and not sick. Again, thanks to everyone who made Kiwi's life at least a little bit better.