HELP! Tortoise shell (chip)

macyfidlerr

Location (City and/or State)
Longview, TX
My tortoises shell is chipping. A piece came off and as you can see, another piece is about to fall off. Why? What do I need to do? Help!ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1449244925.373935.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
The tortoise was either dropped or somehow bumped that spot. There's nothing you can do about it, and it's not hurting him. It's a one time event, and is not something that will recur unless he's dropped or bumps it again.

macyfidlerr

Longview, TX
The tortoise was either dropped or somehow bumped that spot. There's nothing you can do about it, and it's not hurting him. It's a one time event, and is not something that will recur unless he's dropped or bumps it again.
Okay, he gets into things all the time. I haven't dropped him in years! Just making sure it won't hurt him. Thanks!

Oxalis

10 Year Member!
Michigan
You may want to take a critical look at your enclosure, to make sure you don't notice anything in it that may cause the tortoise injury. Sometimes you may need to move things around. It's definitely a challenge with Russians, since they're crazy climbers and burrowers!!

macyfidlerr

Longview, TX
You may want to take a critical look at your enclosure, to make sure you don't notice anything in it that may cause the tortoise injury. Sometimes you may need to move things around. It's definitely a challenge with Russians, since they're crazy climbers and burrowers!!
LOL! Yes! He climbs everything... Thanks so much! I moved a few things around because I think he had tried to climb and maybe hit a rock that is underneath him.

Oxalis

10 Year Member!
Michigan
LOL! Yes! He climbs everything... Thanks so much! I moved a few things around because I think he had tried to climb and maybe hit a rock that is underneath him.
I'm glad to hear I could help! :D I had to move the food dish out of the corner (years ago when he was stuck in a glass tank). He would climb up the wall and then flip over in the food dish, completely unable to right himself. I moved the dish to the very center of the tank after that scary incident!

macyfidlerr

Longview, TX
I'm glad to hear I could help! :D I had to move the food dish out of the corner (years ago when he was stuck in a glass tank). He would climb up the wall and then flip over in the food dish, completely unable to right himself. I moved the dish to the very center of the tank after that scary incident!
Oh no!! Glad he is ok! They're crazy! Lol