here to learn

Status
Not open for further replies.

cincytort

5 Year Member
Hey all, just wanted to introduce myself. I am the curator of ohio reptile gardens, a nonprofit research facility. Of late we have been focusing on our tortoises and hopefully that leads to more success. Currently we have a breeding pancake group, also a young aldabra/pair of burmese mtn (black)/and a pair each of redfoots and yellowfoots, among about 30 other species of herps. I'll attempt to post a picture or two but i am pretty computer dumb, so it may be one of our other keepers doing it on our behalf.:cool:

cincytort

5 Year Member
I wish I didnt have to see Jack Hanna advertising under my post considering he just fought for and won the right to ban any animals they deem dangerous in Ohio. The HSUS and him went so far as to say bearded dragons and some turtles should be added to the law. So sad someone pretends an opinion is a fact.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi cincytort:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

That's a nice variety of tortoises you've mentioned. I'd love to see pictures, including their habitats.

Don't worry about the advertisement. It changes all the time, and depends upon your computer history. For instance, I've been having trouble with my Kodak camera/computer program and have done a lot of online searching for Kodak, so the ad that shows up under your initial post for me is a Kodak ad. If you clear your history and all the cookies, it would help to get rid of his ad.

What would you like us to call you? ...and are you in Ohio?

cincytort

5 Year Member
Thanks for the warm welcome. My name is Matt, and yes we are outside of Cincinnati Ohio.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Foothills above Sacramento CA
Hi Matt! welcome!
Jack Hannah... is a joke.. who saw him on Letterman this week? He is frazzled, knows nothing about the animals, and I think its time for him to retire... sorry.. I know for some he is an Icon.. Iv'e never cared for him on the shows showing the animals.. far from any educational thing ive seen.. : -(

Status
Not open for further replies.