Hi everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mac

5 Year Member
I have joined your forum as we are about to experience our first european spur thigh hatchings. We woke this morning on day 60 to see two of our eggs beginning to crack, though only one seems to be progressing albeit very slowly!

I was wondering if any of you have spur thighs and can give any advice as to what to do during the hatching and immediately after especially as we are novices at this.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Hello and welcome. Congrats on the babies.

Where are you? GBTortoises is here in the states and very knowledgeable about Testudo species and Stells is over in the UK and really knows T. gracea. Bioth of them post regularly and are usually pretty helpful. Try to PM them for specific advice. You can find them using the search feature above. There are lots of other great keepers too. Good luck!

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
Welcome to the TFO and congrat's on your new arrivals :) post some pic's when you can we love pic's :D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Mac:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

I'm assuming you are in the UK?

I don't keep the spur thigh tortoises, but as a general rule, it helps the babies to break out of the eggs if you keep them a little moist so the membrane between the baby and the shell doesn't get too dry.

Status
Not open for further replies.