Hi! :) i need help :)

Nan

Location (City and/or State)
Philippines
I'm a newbie here and I really like to have a Sulcata Tortoise.
I'm from the Philippines. do you know where can i buy one and How much does it cost?
I saw some Sulcata tortoise with a pricing range bet. 8k to 13k take note its a baby sulcata tortoise.
Does it cost that much? i mean is it not a bit overpriced?
Thanks in Advance God bless :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Nan, and welcome to the Forum!

I don't know about the Philippines, but here in the States you can buy babies for between $50 and $100 and larger ones, depending upon the size and se for About $500.

747117wei24kafiu.gif

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
Hi Nan, and welcome to the Forum!

I don't know about the Philippines, but here in the States you can buy babies for between $50 and $100 and larger ones, depending upon the size and se for About $500.

747117wei24kafiu.gif
That's about from $184.71 to $300.16

Nan

Philippines
Thank you guys...:) nice to meet you :)
how much does the baby sulcata is it 50 USD?

Jlant85

5 Year Member
California
^^ ok our price range here in the US is a lot different from the Philippines. For example, indian star torts goes dirt cheap there but here its super expensive! i do believe sulcatas are about 8k to 14k.

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
Thank you guys...:) nice to meet you :)
how much does the baby sulcata is it 50 USD?
Depends, I believe it's because of the typhoons & problems with finance for people who breed sulcatas there... If a person pays a lot of money to breed them there, he will have to sell them for higher... Good luck :)

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Do you realize how big and destructive they get? 150 pounds or more sometimes. And they dig huge burrows. Mine have a burrow that was 22' long last I measured.

Nan

Philippines
^^ ok our price range here in the US is a lot different from the Philippines. For example, indian star torts goes dirt cheap there but here its super expensive! i do believe sulcatas are about 8k to 14k.

You're right bro...i think it have a permit from DENR that's why it cost that much..?

Nan

Philippines
Do you realize how big and destructive they get? 150 pounds or more sometimes. And they dig huge burrows. Mine have a burrow that was 22' long last I measured.
yes bro...i do alot of research on the internet before i came up with my decision :)

apromann4

5 Year Member
philippines
You're right bro...i think it have a permit from DENR that's why it cost that much..?

The reason why tort in the philippine is expensive bis because its not that commonly sold here.very very few breeder and very very few importers.its not like hamsters that is commonly seen in a locall petshop.it take long time to reach breeding age and only a few tried to breed it because it needs a lot of space.

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York

The reason why tort in the philippine is expensive bis because its not that commonly sold here.very very few breeder and very very few importers.its not like hamsters that is commonly seen in a locall petshop.it take long time to reach breeding age and only a few tried to breed it because it needs a lot of space.
Good luck!