Hi!

Status
Not open for further replies.

catieanne

5 Year Member
Our family just purchased a female, Greek tortoise. We have been thinking about getting a tortoise now for a couple of years and finally decided to on my daughter's 6th birthday. We love our new family member! : ). Even though the build-up to our decision was not rushed in the least, actually acquiring her was...we got her from Petsmart. I dont even know how old she is, but her shell is about 3-4 inches long. We have a contained garden outside, which I have turned into Her own little area. I used organic garden soil and peat for her substrate, put in a couple of pinion logs, some herbs, and a shelter made of wood and stone, and a water dish. I just kept her out there while supervised yesterday, fearing she would escape (haven't attached any screens yet or anything like that. The garden is 4 ft by 6 ft. Any ideas for securing it from predators? Does anyone have pics they would like to post? I could use some ideas. : ).

Thanks,

Catie

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome :) mcheck out the enclosure thread, you might find some ideas there you can use.

Status
Not open for further replies.