Hibernating/Brumating

TickTurt

5 Year Member
I have never posted on this site, so excuse me - not if - but when - I say, text or do something dumb! I have been reading you posts regarding your turtles coming out of hibernation. I have a lot of box turtles - Lazarus, Issac, Abraham, Sarah, Mulan, Egg Roll, Lunch Box, Dallas, Tramp, Harmony, Suitcase, Eustace, Ash, Opie, Turbo, Tangerine, Tinker Bell and Houdini. I live around Tyler, Texas and mine have never come out until around the middle of March.

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southwest Washington
TickTurt said:
I have never posted on this site, so excuse me - not if - but when - I say, text or do something dumb! I have been reading you posts regarding your turtles coming out of hibernation. I have a lot of box turtles - Lazarus, Issac, Abraham, Sarah, Mulan, Egg Roll, Lunch Box, Dallas, Tramp, Harmony, Suitcase, Eustace, Ash, Opie, Turbo, Tangerine, Tinker Bell and Houdini. I live around Tyler, Texas and mine have never come out until around the middle of March.

You do have a lot of box turtles! You must be doing something right.
What kinds do you have?

Saleama

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Irving Texas
All the ones I have outside are adults (there are 11) and none of them have surfaced yet. I do have 4 russian torts I keep outside and 3 of the 4 are already awake. I had to bring them inside because it is nasty this week in Dallas. The fourth one came up last week but I think I made him mad when I soaked his red clay coat off and he went back under. Funny thing is, my baby box turtles (5) and my juveniles (8) are inside. The babies are awake now but the juveniles are still under and I keep the house at 72 - 74 degrees.

TickTurt

5 Year Member
All of mine are outside. I am going to try to post a picture of part of one of my enclosures... I actually have 3 enclosures. ImageUploadedByTortForum1393350230.130750.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTortForum1393350191.886638.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTortForum1393350191.886638.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 19
Last edited by a moderator: