hiccups newest enclosure:)

Location (City and/or State)
Cleveland tx
well I think im finally happy with this enclosure. my father in law built it for us. We are going to add some things of course but so far i love it. my husband is going to put boards around the bottom so hiccup can't see out. The coconut substrate i ordered will be here tomorrowso what he is on right now is only temporary. it is also on wheels so i can roll it out side ao "she " can enjoy some natural light and air. it also has a locking lid so i dont have to worry about the hawks :) im also gonna add some things in side for shade. but all in all i love it

Attachments

• IMG_20170924_160028.jpg
    IMG_20170924_160028.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 34

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Nice that it's got the wired sides for nice air when outside. However, it won't do him any good inside. He really needs to be in a closed chamber with 80% humidity and 80 temps with a basking of 95-100. With all that wire for inside it will be impossible to keep heat and humidity in. It also looks small to be able to get a varied temp.
Sorry to have to put a damper on your excitement.
I would keep that one for outside only until he outgrows it and use a big high sided storage tote for inside that's a 2x4 foot or more. The big Christmas tree storage boxes work good and they should be out soon if they aren't already. Otherwise the largest tote box you can find or a large aquarium.
Check out the closed chamber threads by Tom.

Cleveland tx
thank you ! he is in our garage when he is in side mostly so "she" can have some peace from my 1 year old who loves to sit and talk to her. its always in the 80's in their. but when hiccup is in doors she is in a plastic tub. this is mostly for outside and occasionally gonna be used in the girl scout meeting in the living room when they are learning about animals. the tub she is in i made sure to go by yalls recommendations:) yall have been so helpful. im so glad to have found yalll. I was mostly excited that i dont have to carry him in a box or in my hand while trying to get the kids out the door to. now that its on wheels they can "help" with out me having to worry