hmm, choosing

Status
Not open for further replies.

anm1221

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Maryland
Been looking around for a while now and i know that the smaller species are Greek, Hermann's and Russians but now I'm trying to decide. I've read up on all 3 and know what the requirements and such are and how to care for them but I'm still having a tough time deciding. Although I do notice myself thinking more about Hermann's than the other two. and for some reason i haven't thought about Greeks too much at all. I am not pressed for time at all just trying to decide before I start saving to build and enclosure and purchase a lil fella however I'm at a stand still right now.

also this is my first tortoise

Maybe I'm just an indecisive person

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
In November, I got my first tortoise: a 4 inch long Hermann's. I know that 4 inches long means she's already about 3 years old, but I also know she is well past the fragile hatchling stage, which helped me a lot as far as not being TOO worried about my beginner husbandry! Everyone who sees her remarks with surprise about how beautiful she is. Within 2 months of coming home to us, she was eating her favorite food out of our hand. She seems to enjoy having her head rubbed: she sticks it out farther, once we start rubbing it. I am very happy with my choice but every one is different. Good luck with your decision! :)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I think you already chose the one you should get. You said yourself, you find yourself thinking about the hermanns more then the others. :)

theelectraco

5 Year Member
I would say of the 3, Hermanns are the neatest looking.

0.1.0 Dachshund
0.0.1 Redfoot
1.0.0 Greek
0.0.1 Crested Gecko

anm1221

5 Year Member
Maryland
Lol I know I'm silly I just wanna make sure I'm prepared. Lol I have a notebook of notes I've taken while looking around and researching.

Sent from my LG-C800 using TortForum mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.