Holy Cow!! 79 Turtles Seized at Shanghai Airport...

Status
Not open for further replies.

tortoises101

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ontario, Canada
Destroyed??? What the @$%#? Turning them over to organizations such as Turtle Survival Alliance would be a much more plausible option.

l0velesly

10 Year Member!
Lynnwood, WA
Oh my goodness.. such strict rules... I can't believe they would be destroyed. Poor things.. they were taken so cared of by being wrapped to stay warm. Kinda wished the person got away so the turtles wouldn't end up being destroyed.

tortuga_please

5 Year Member
They can say destroyed all day long; the bottom line is that the poor things were killed because someone tried to bend the rules. Not only is that disgustingly unfair, I'm not sure how needed it was. I understand avoiding spreading diseases and whatnot, but that's why we have quarantine tanks and rescue organizations.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
The news said returned or destroyed! Lets hope they opted for return!

EricIvins

5 Year Member
lushcious said:
Oh my goodness.. such strict rules... I can't believe they would be destroyed. Poor things.. they were taken so cared of by being wrapped to stay warm. Kinda wished the person got away so the turtles wouldn't end up being destroyed.

They weren't being wrapped to stay "warm"...........

They were wrapped so they would move or make noise while they were being smuggled........The people who attempted this don't care anything about the animals themselves, just the money they bring......

Status
Not open for further replies.