HOLY CRAP!! gained 49g in 3 weeks!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kvoigt

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
South Dakota
So my leo Sonne whom ive had almost a month... i weighed him 3 weeks ago and he was 419g and last night after his soak and poo i weighed him and he was 465g!! so yeah.. this is my first official weight update from when i got him. i have no idea how much the average gain per month/year or what ever should be?? but that seems like a lot dosent it?? his diet has changed from his old and his humidity has also changed alot. he eats like a horse if i let him LOL usually he gets a plate of greens with mixed in zoo med grassland (calcium/d3 1x week) the size of him and its ALL gone by night time unless i try to sneak something new in like mustard greens LOL never know a tort would try n flick out food with there leg if he didnt like it!!! it was like watching my kids face trying to feed em peas! lmao he was not to happy with me! :p. his new growth lines are a bit thicker looking than what he seems to have had i duno if all this is good or not so much lol i guess im glad hes growing but maybe hes growing to fast??? Lemme know what you guys think i will try n post pics of new growth.. unfortunatly i only have a crappy camera phone so its hard to get a good pic :) but i will try!!!

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Porky kitties....hahaha...I do not keep these awesome tortoise but that sounds like a good thing....I am sure others will let ya know specifics.....lol I :D

LMAO...sorry..using my dumb smart phone...and it always puts in weird random words....so in my post the word "kitties" was suppose to be "piggies".....lol :D

Kvoigt

5 Year Member
South Dakota
Laura said:
fluids , a meal and a nice poop could make a big difference either way..

ive only been weighing him after his daily 30 min warm soak n poo at the same time so that i can keep it consistant.. and lemme tell ya he has some big ones LOL they are as long as him!!! sorry if TMI....:D:tort::p

ascott said:
Porky kitties....hahaha...I do not keep these awesome tortoise but that sounds like a good thing....I am sure others will let ya know specifics.....lol I :D

LMAO...sorry..using my dumb smart phone...and it always puts in weird random words....so in my post the word "kitties" was suppose to be "piggies".....lol :D

LOL "dumb smart phone" i love that saying i hear it all the time hahaha :)

Kvoigt said:
So my leo Sonne whom ive had almost a month... i weighed him 3 weeks ago and he was 419g and last night after his soak and poo i weighed him and he was 465g!! so yeah.. this is my first official weight update from when i got him. i have no idea how much the average gain per month/year or what ever should be?? but that seems like a lot dosent it?? his diet has changed from his old and his humidity has also changed alot. he eats like a horse if i let him LOL usually he gets a plate of greens with mixed in zoo med grassland (calcium/d3 1x week) the size of him and its ALL gone by night time unless i try to sneak something new in like mustard greens LOL never know a tort would try n flick out food with there leg if he didnt like it!!! it was like watching my kids face trying to feed em peas! lmao he was not to happy with me! :p. his new growth lines are a bit thicker looking than what he seems to have had i duno if all this is good or not so much lol i guess im glad hes growing but maybe hes growing to fast??? Lemme know what you guys think i will try n post pics of new growth.. unfortunatly i only have a crappy camera phone so its hard to get a good pic :) but i will try!!!

the blue box shows the thick growth lines as best as i could get with my crappy camera phone and the under side looks as if it has had a few bigger growth lines but i duno lol

Attachments

• 112811214308.jpg
    112811214308.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 77
  • 112811214328.jpg
    112811214328.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 58

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
The new growth looks pretty good.

BTW - Sonne looks to like a female.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
The new growth looks great. Maybe they were a little underweight and you are catching them up?? Great job!

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Arizona
ascott said:

Mine used to do this too but I disabled the spell check function and now it is better :cool:

Cherbear

5 Year Member
Ohio
I've had my leopard for over a year now and I did a little math and his average weight gain was about 14 grams a week. Of course some weeks were more and others less. I don't know if that's the norm or not.:tort:

Kvoigt

5 Year Member
South Dakota
Cherbear said:
I've had my leopard for over a year now and I did a little math and his average weight gain was about 14 grams a week. Of course some weeks were more and others less. I don't know if that's the norm or not.:tort:

cool thanks i duno whats norm either lol but it gives me a good idea THANKS!!

Neal said:
The new growth looks pretty good.

BTW - Sonne looks to like a female.

cool i was worried the lines were to big :) thanks .. i thought he was a she also so for the first week i called him a she LOL but am back to HE ... LOL i hpoe it is female tho...i hope maybe someday i can hatch eggs :) seems so exciting :D

Kvoigt

5 Year Member
South Dakota
tomarrow is the "official" 1 month mark for Sonne and I i will be posting his weight and stuff :)

Status
Not open for further replies.