• DSCN2818.jpg
    DSCN2818.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 29

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
USA
They are just fine, he may not eat them though. I haven't heard anything bad about any of the succulents, just that they all don't taste good. If you can find some Sedum (Ice plant), mine seem to like those best. :)

Danny

siwash

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Toronto
egyptiandan said:
They are just fine, he may not eat them though. I haven't heard anything bad about any of the succulents, just that they all don't taste good. If you can find some Sedum (Ice plant), mine seem to like those best. :)

Danny

I have a sedum in my yard.. It's dying now that the cold has set in, but there's still some green..

I fed him some geraniums this am and he seemed to like it somewhat... but certainly didn't gorge on it.. took a few petals and a bit of the green

they really seem to LOVE the mixed greens for the grocery store...

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Siwash also mine seem to really like wandering Jew plants. you might want to try some of that.

siwash

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Toronto
Geez, someone should think about changing the name of that plant!! LOL!

I will give it a try... thanks

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Siwash the Wandering Jew plant is also called; Inch Plant, Small-leaf Spiderwort, River Spiderwort, but most people I know know call it Wandering Jew. :)
Family: Commelinaceae (ko-mel-ih-NAY-see-ee)
Genus: Tradescantia (trad-es-KAN-tee-uh)
Species: zebrina (zeb-REE-nuh)
Species: fluminensis (floo-min-EN-sis)

Synonym:Tradescantia pendula
Synonym:Zebrina pendula var. quadrifolia
Synonym:Commelina zebrina

skittles1

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Not that bigmamma is a picky eater or anything. But I put some hens and chicks in my enclosure way before I got her. Skittles never touched them. But a few days after I put her in, they were almost gone. then she proceeded to dig out the roots and eat them. She also ate all of the aloe plant as well. He really never touched his torty weeds, still doesn't. Maybe because she is definately old enough to be wc she just mows through everything like a cow. She would eat out of my hands from day one. But it takes him so long to make up his mind if he wants or not that you have to hold her back, 10 minutes later he is still staring at the offering, trying to decide. In otherwords before I got her I used to have landscaping in my enclosure with edible plants. LOL now it looks desolate.
Janay

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona
skittles1 said:
Not that bigmamma is a picky eater or anything. But I put some hens and chicks in my enclosure way before I got her. Skittles never touched them. But a few days after I put her in, they were almost gone. then she proceeded to dig out the roots and eat them. She also ate all of the aloe plant as well. He really never touched his torty weeds, still doesn't. Maybe because she is definately old enough to be wc she just mows through everything like a cow. She would eat out of my hands from day one. But it takes him so long to make up his mind if he wants or not that you have to hold her back, 10 minutes later he is still staring at the offering, trying to decide. In otherwords before I got her I used to have landscaping in my enclosure with edible plants. LOL now it looks desolate.
Janay

LOL That is how mine looks by summer. Spring everything has grown and beautiful, they wake up and within months everything is gone. Mine like holyhock and I believe it is daylilies (the one that is not toxic) they devour that puppy within days. Then it usually returns the next spring, but we shall see if it comes back this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.