Not open for further replies.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
They also have them in rubber. My husband was a welder and mentioned to me once that the welding stuff (don't know the proper term...flux...???) used on galvanized metal was pretty toxic. Also, I think it would be hot if left in the sun. I DO have a 300 gallon stock tank similar to the one in the picture, however, I've lined it with pond liner. It works great!

I think this one is about the same size as your galvanized one, and its quite a bit cheaper:

http://www.tractorsupply.com/livest...stock-tanks/oval-stock-tank-15-gallon-2221034

But the sides are taller.

Yvonne

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
Uh, Yvonne- his is 2'x6', yours is only about 2'x2'. I think you posted the wrong link. As for the welding- I think I know what he is talking about, but the tank is rated for drinking water for animals, so it can't be that bad- they might use a different process.

Ryan- a lot of people use those, indoors or out, as a habitat. You can pop it up on some short supports to get it off the cool ground or make it easier to work in. The 12" sides are a bit short, though- add a few inches of substrate and you only have a 9" wall- pretty easy to climb. The metal is not going to help you with retaining heat the way the heavy rubber would. Your Sulcata will outgrow it before it wears out.

Rhyno47

5 Year Member
Hagerstown, MD
Yeah i was gonna use it for my sulcata, he is 4 inches now, i was going to use it until he outgrows it and then my russians will upgrade to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.