Howdy from Central Texas

Tortoise Rescue Brenda

Location (City and/or State)
Pflugerville, Texas
Hi, I have wanted a large tortoise for as long as I can remember. Finally getting one at my age of 51. But, being semi-retired makes this more fun. I have time to learn how to do it right. I am learning and planning. I expect to be adopting an adult Sulcata from a tortoise rescue in the next month. I will share picture when I get my new family member.

I live on a farm in central Texas with many animals. For all of you outside our state, we often say the region of the state we are in because it is so large and the terrain varies widely.

I look forward to learning from you all.

Brenda

Connecticut
Hi, I have wanted a large tortoise for as long as I can remember. Finally getting one at my age of 51. But, being semi-retired makes this more fun. I have time to learn how to do it right. I am learning and planning. I expect to be adopting an adult Sulcata from a tortoise rescue in the next month. I will share picture when I get my new family member.

I live on a farm in central Texas with many animals. For all of you outside our state, we often say the region of the state we are in because it is so large and the terrain varies widely.

I look forward to learning from you all.

Brenda
Hello, and Welcome! Congratulations on getting your future tortoise. Very admirable that your planning to adopt, and want to do whati right for the tortoise.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Welcome read the care sheets for sulcata's and look at the outdoor enclosures some members have posted. Tha outside enclosure will take sometime to build. So you might want to get started on it.
Thanks for rescuing a sulcata.

Tortoise Rescue Brenda

Pflugerville, Texas
Welcome read the care sheets for sulcata's and look at the outdoor enclosures some members have posted. Tha outside enclosure will take sometime to build. So you might want to get started on it.
Thanks for rescuing a sulcata.

Thank you. My husband and I primarily farm, both of us retired from full-time work. We can devote unlimited entire days to this project alone. We are in no hurry and can't adopt until it is built. We are learning and planning now. Probably building next week. I will continue to look at the pictures posted here. I plan to read all the resources here.This forum has already been a wealth of information. Thank you

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Thank you. My husband and I primarily farm, both of us retired from full-time work. We can devote unlimited entire days to this project alone. We are in no hurry and can't adopt until it is built. We are learning and planning now. Probably building next week. I will continue to look at the pictures posted here. I plan to read all the resources here.This forum has already been a wealth of information. Thank you
Look at the outdoor enclosure @Tom built.

MPappagallo

Myrtle Beach, SC
Welcome to the forum! I am in a similar situation to yours. Retired, and looking for my first tortoise! I am excited to see how much I have learned by reading all of the posts and info here. Best of luck when you get yours! By the way, I grew up in Temple...so we were practically neighbors! LOL