How's my Russian's shell?

ZKTurtle

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
San Jose, California
Hey there, I'm a newcomer to this forum, and I wanted to ask if there's anything I should be worried about with my Roy's shell? Mainly that white spot in the center. It doesn't smell and isn't soft at all, so it doesn't seem to be shell rot (I think?). The Facebook Russian Tortoise group suggested that it could just be minor shell damage, so I wanted to confirm if that was the case. (I took these pics while I was giving him a soak, to explain his surroundings in these pictures). I think I only really noticed that spot about a month ago, but I'm pretty sure that it wasn't always there, or at least, not always that big. The plate above the spot also looks a bit chipped, which also concerns me a bit. If anybody could give me some input, that would be great.IMG_20180601_140947.jpegIMG_20180601_140938.jpegIMG_20180601_140941.jpegIMG_20180601_140932.jpeg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Welcome. I agree, nothing too worry about. It never hurts to keep an extra eye on it just incase, but looks fine now.

RosemaryDW

5 Year Member
Newport Coast, CA
Yes, just old damage. It’s may have taken a while to fully flake off; my wild tortoise had something very similar happen. A flaky looking spot just came off one day, leaving a small ding.

I was pretty nervous about it, just like you. :)