Humidifier / Open top enclosure / Sulcata

Sully_Sulcata

Location (City and/or State)
Virginia Beach
These are great news to know! With CHE I would get a thermostat anyway - let the automatics do its job (especially at night, when everyone's sleeping). And I see you have a temperature gun now? That's a really handy thing. Thanks for an update!
I've remembered another useful routine - to keep track of your tortoise size/weight daily or weekly. This could be useful for health assessment, planning enclosure and to amaze everyone on tortoise birthday parties. And yes, it's free :)
How's Sully doing? I hope she (or he, who knows yet) enjoys the changes.
Sully has been doing very well, he has been very active walking around and exploring, I recently got the terra-cotta dish as well so he includes crawling into it with each lap he takes. Sully was 76 grams on October 7th and I weighed him this afternoon at 84 grams (pre-poop) before his daily soak.

Attachments

• IMG_9893.jpeg
    IMG_9893.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 2

Sully_Sulcata

Virginia Beach
you'll probably want to put down a tarp or something under there, once the humidity starts getting right under that greenhouse you'll get some damp carpets.
Meh it’s just an apartment I’ve been living in for a few years, I’ll be outta here in June. But I will definitely keep that information for my next location!

Kala

Sittingbourne, Kent
I use the CHE for roughly 15 minutes in the morning to get the green house up to temp, then run the flood bulbs which have given me a perfect basking temperature under the light. The Arcadia light is running late for delivery and my LED ambient light should be delivered today (6500K strip) that I will run along the top. Miniature green house has been amazing!
Hi, can I ask where you bought this greenhouse cover and if you could possibly post the link please? I’m about to buy the same enclosure as you have and the greenhouse covers I’ve found are either too small or have multiple zipped compartments rather than just the one big one like yours.

ecachuh

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sulphur, LA
Hi, can I ask where you bought this greenhouse cover and if you could possibly post the link please? I’m about to buy the same enclosure as you have and the greenhouse covers I’ve found are either too small or have multiple zipped compartments rather than just the one big one like yours.

This looks like it I think. Just check the height.

By sunnydaze

or

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09NMR5J71/?tag=exoticpetnetw-20

ecachuh

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sulphur, LA
Yeah I checked 50 x 27 x 36 will fit. (Marked as 4 x 2)

ecachuh

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sulphur, LA
OMG I'm like
3 weeks late to the party! 🤣
I'm sick so that's my excuse!

MaNaAk

Southend
It appears I will have to completely change my
Se

It appears I will have to comepletely ch

it appears I will have to completely change my set up. Good thing it’s only been 3 weeks, I want to make sure he is well taken care of. I had a glass 55 gallon but was told glass is bad for tortoises as they will keep running into it. I just need a proper material to cover the tank with and have enough height to have all the lighting on the inside? I noted getting a flood bulb, solarmeter 6.5, Arcadia pro t5 kit. Any idea what type of flood bulb is proper for this?
You can put tape around the bottom of the glass like I've done for Jacky. IMG20240316103237.jpgIMG20240203121853.jpgIMG20240321122937.jpg

ecachuh

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sulphur, LA
I'm sorry your sick! Feel better.
This whole thread has been an interesting read!
Thanks! Yeah I'm always digging through threads...old and new. Idk I just dig lol