Humidifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fernando

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
I saw this mentioned in another thread.

• If I have the opportunity to purchase a misting humidifier for Andy, should I do it?
  • Would this eliminate the need to constantly spray his bedding 3-4 times a day?

I spray once in the morning and when I get home. But it's not as humid as I'd like it to be.

I have enough space now to put one in and the temps are gradient from 87(cool)-105(basking)

jeffbens0n

5 Year Member
Glenmoore, PA
Yea I think they are a good idea, and it should eliminate the need to spray constantly, the only issue might be if it got too cold and damp, maybe you could put the mister near something to keep it warm. I keep my spray bottle near my heat bulb so it stays fairly warm.

Fernando

10 Year Member!
Southern California
jeffbens0n said:
Yea I think they are a good idea, and it should eliminate the need to spray constantly, the only issue might be if it got too cold and damp, maybe you could put the mister near something to keep it warm. I keep my spray bottle near my heat bulb so it stays fairly warm.

Thank you. One other question..

Would this possibly create mold in my apartment?

Or would the Humidifier have to be set really high and outside of the enclosure for that to happen.

2011-03-03_13-05-51_434.jpg

jeffbens0n

5 Year Member
Glenmoore, PA
I don't know about the mold but after I read this I was looking at humidifiers and walmart has a vicks "warm mist" humidifier for 27 bucks! I might get one of those.

And I wouldn't put the humidifier IN his tank, I would just put it near it and maybe angle the mist towards an open part of the tank if possible.

Fernando

10 Year Member!
Southern California
jeffbens0n said:
I don't know about the mold but after I read this I was looking at humidifiers and walmart has a vicks "warm mist" humidifier for 27 bucks! I might get one of those.

HA! Nice I'm across the street from Walmart. I'll go check it out...

unless someone can chime in if they've had a bad experience w/ humidifiers or tips/tricks.

:D

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Target & and Bed Bath & Beyond have them as well. They might have a tort or turtle one at target. My kids get new ones every year and they pick out a different animal every year. They are only like $25.

Fernando

10 Year Member!
Southern California
jeffbens0n said:
And I wouldn't put the humidifier IN his tank, I would just put it near it and maybe angle the mist towards an open part of the tank if possible.

Hmm...that might be a little difficult without it getting the whole room.

CtTortoiseMom said:
Target & and Bed Bath & Beyond have them as well. They might have a tort or turtle one at target. My kids get new ones every year and they pick out a different animal every year. They are only like $25.

sweet! I'll have to check that out. Thanks!

John

5 Year Member
you can set the humidifier on top or next too that tank and use a peice of flexible duct(home depot,or wal-mart hardware section) too direct the moistened air too the tank. john p.s. on the high setting you will have too fill the tank on the wal-mart humidifier every few hours and the low setting may not be enough output

Fernando

10 Year Member!
Southern California
squamata said:
you can set the humidifier on top or next too that tank and use a peice of flexible duct(home depot,or wal-mart hardware section) too direct the moistened air too the tank. john p.s. on the high setting you will have too fill the tank on the wal-mart humidifier every few hours and the low setting may not be enough output

Great Idea. Thank you.

I've never used a humidifier before.

Will the humid air just turn into moisture while going thru the duct and just come out as drops of water on the other end?

John

5 Year Member
fmadrigal said:
squamata said:

Great Idea. Thank you.

Will the humid air just turn into moisture while going thru the duct and just come out as drops of water on the other end?

only if the duct is exccesively long or the air surrounding the duct is much colder than the air inside the duct.looking at your tank,if you set it next too it you would have about a foot of duct roughly,which should be okay if the air around the duct is warmer than 60 degree's you should be okay. john

Fernando

10 Year Member!
Southern California
squamata said:
fmadrigal said:
squamata said:

Great Idea. Thank you.

only if the duct is exccesively long or the air surrounding the duct is much colder than the air inside the duct.looking at your tank,if you set it next too it you would have about a foot of duct roughly,which should be okay if the air around the duct is warmer than 60 degree's you should be okay. john

Thanks. One last question....for you =)

Which side would you put it on? The MVB Power sun side (right) or the heat lamp (left) I can also set it up in the middle (prefferrably) so it (duct) can go straight down

fmadrigal said:
squamata said:
fmadrigal said:
squamata said:

Great Idea. Thank you.

Which side would you put it on? The MVB Power sun side (right) or the heat lamp (left) I can also set it up in the middle (prefferrably) so it (duct) can go straight down

I guess it probably wouldn't matter...I would just assume it would disperse throughout the tank better

John

5 Year Member
fmadrigal said:
squamata said:
fmadrigal said:
squamata said:

Great Idea. Thank you.

that is a matter of preference anyway you like would work.the stronger the fan in the humidifier the better

Status
Not open for further replies.