Humidifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

terribrown71

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Arlington, Tx
should I purchase a humidifier for the house for Arthur? It seems a little dry since we have had the heat and his lamps on. His eyes tend to water a little more lately..presuming its from being a little drier than usual in his enclosure. thanks for the input.

blastoise91

5 Year Member
NV
As fas as ive researched humidity is very important to every kind or tortoise especially for young torts. Do u have a meter? Im sure u can find what humidity is right for the little guy online in a caresheet somewhere. and warm soaks are always impirtant weekly or so depending on age.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Yes humidity is part of a healthy environment for young tortoise. Depending on what your set up is will dictate to you what is needed....like a reptile room could have a couple humidifiers set up constant or if you have a single tortoise enclosure you can cover the top partially and work with wetting parts of the enclosure along with spritzing some as well...but yes, there should be increased humidity during the times of year that the forced heat is on.....in my personal opinion that is..:D

blastoise91

5 Year Member
NV
I highly recommend searching titles of forums for "end of pyramiding". Very useful. EVERYONE should read it. And above post is spot on. I have a big 6x2 tort table. Will use WARM humidifier. Warm is EXTREMELY important with humidity. Phnemonia and many others come very easy in cold wet from what ive seen literally everywherd. Make sure it keeps toasty :) and deffinately read that thread. Great info

Arizona Sulcata

10 Year Member!
Mesa, AZ
Hummidity is important. For adults simply water down part of their encloser each day but not all of it because they need a dry place in the cold. For babies put a small bowl of warm water near the heat lamp. This should do the trick.

african cake queen

5 Year Member
ct.usa
hi, i run one not just for my cakes, but for me too! 'lol' makes the room warmer. have snow on ground here with the heat on , so yes i run one . have not had any problems here.

Status
Not open for further replies.