Humidity for cherry head red foot

cheesy77777

Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
Hi everyone! I just got my cherry head red foot yesterday and he is so cute! I have him in a zoo med tortoise house and he seems to like it as he is always exploring and basking. I just have a question about humidity. I have terrarium moss, two small water dishes, a reptile fogger, and I use cypress mulch and I also mist down the enclosure several times a day. Do you think this will be enough?

Alex Z

5 Year Member
NYC
You have to cover it up and leave a small space for ventilation. Everything you doing is fine and accurate. Can you post pics?

MysticCaribou

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sweet Home Chicago
Hi everyone! I just got my cherry head red foot yesterday and he is so cute! I have him in a zoo med tortoise house and he seems to like it as he is always exploring and basking. I just have a question about humidity. I have terrarium moss, two small water dishes, a reptile fogger, and I use cypress mulch and I also mist down the enclosure several times a day. Do you think this will be enough?

I recommend posting a photo so we can offer suggestions. And I'd remove the cypress mulch as I had a hatchling eat some and he died. Just a suggestion.

cheesy77777

Michigan
IMG_0058.jpgIMG_0057.jpg

I’m this photo I don’t have the fogger in place because I was refilling it and also he doesn’t have too much food because he already ate some of it but I’m refilling it.

ColaCarbonaria

Pensacola, Florida
I agree with post #2 the top should be covered as to trap the humidity. Plexiglass or plastic will work fine. Just another suggestion would be a larger diameter water dish sunk into substrate so rf can get into it and sit if desired. Ceramic plant saucer is fine for this and cost $2.

cheesy77777

Michigan
I agree with post #2 the top should be covered as to trap the humidity. Plexiglass or plastic will work fine. Just another suggestion would be a larger diameter water dish sunk into substrate so rf can get into it and sit if desired. Ceramic plant saucer is fine for this and cost $2.

Okay thanks!

Alex Z

5 Year Member
NYC
Did you just get this tort box? I remember bringing home Mr. Red in this 4 years ago from. He is now 11in and lives in a 8x2 enclosure. Get a clear shower curtain and cover most of it.

cheesy77777

Michigan
I covered it with wax paper and the humidity is up to proper levels! Once I plan out my future enclosure for when he gets bigger I’ll probably be back with more questions.

Alex Z

5 Year Member
NYC
Can you take a pic?

Alex Z

5 Year Member
NYC
Do you have a reptifogger?

Alex Z

5 Year Member
NYC
Have you been looking into building a bigger home down the line?

Alex Z

5 Year Member
NYC
I will begin construction on a new duplex this weekend.

Attachments

• 15c8cd8a1bc23bcf19d444a5c1381caa.jpg
    15c8cd8a1bc23bcf19d444a5c1381caa.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 40
  • images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    6 KB · Views: 40