Hurricane Beryl coming for me...!

EppsDynasty

Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Canebrake Ca
This is the most attention I've paid to Jamaica in my life. I'm sure there are others just as scared for our dear friend Tammy. I as well have been thinking of you all day, trying to imagine what your going through. And this is hell to not be able to hear from you that you are ok.

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
Yesterday the news and Google were saying it would hit by early morning today. So far it's moving slowly or in a way different time zone than me. Hopefully it stalls and moves and starts petering out in the Gulf 💨
Moving slowly means more downpour where it's at now. I hope Tammys are ok. 🙏🙏🙏🙏

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Yesterday the news and Google were saying it would hit by early morning today. So far it's moving slowly or in a way different time zone than me. Hopefully it stalls and moves and starts petering out in the Gulf 💨
They are saying it will be a 2 when it hits Texas but still the 4 hitting Jamaica.
Kingston Jamaica seems to be getting the worst of it. Don't know what city she actually lives in.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
They are saying it will be a 2 when it hits Texas but still the 4 hitting Jamaica.
Kingston Jamaica seems to be getting the worst of it. Don't know what city she actually lives in.
Well I hope the news stations are wrong again because they said it would hit this morning... so far, as far I've heard no direct hit yet. The outer bands can be rough though too so I'm sending up prayers for all of the people in it's way.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Well I hope the news stations are wrong again because they said it would hit this morning... so far, as far I've heard no direct hit yet. The outer bands can be rough though too so I'm sending up prayers for all of the people in it's way.
Yes that's what I heard to, this morning, but I don't know their time difference from the US.
I just hope the moving slow of it, doesn't make it hang around Jamaica longer.
The moving slow is lessening it for the others in its path though.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
It's EST, when you changed to CDT, you changed to their time.
What? I don't change to CDT, I'm always CDT and Eastern is always an hour ahead of me.
I take it they are Eastern time but obviously they don't do the day light savings change.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
What? I don't change to CDT, I'm always CDT and Eastern is always an hour ahead of me.
I take it they are Eastern time but obviously they don't do the day light savings change.

Eastern in USA is still an hour ahead because they changed to EDT. But yes, it's because they don't change and stay EST all year.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
I looked at the track of the storm.....it is running South of Jamaica, barely.

Tammy is on the southern end, south side of the Country, not too far from Kingston....prayin for you girl!

She is in what she described as a wooden structure. I know that she lives "rural".

The place we go to in Negril(west side, northern coast) evacuated all their guests and employees to the concrete Riu, a competitor of theirs across the highway this morning.

This doesn't look like a direct hit but the counterpunch can be deadly as you guys in Florida already are familiar with. I'm really hoping that she comes out of this with nothing more than a great story.

Remember that in Jamaica, there isn't a huge outpouring of "Government' in a disaster...there is some, but it won't affect those outside the cities. In Jamaica, you rely on your neighbors....and they all help one another. Tammy just has to dodge the raindrops!

Good luck....you've got a fan base waiting to hear from you...well, both of you!