Hyperactive tortoise

Jo77

Well, she was doing the hyper thing and walking through her food this morning. I put her outside for the day before I went out and she was under the bridge I put in her enclosure. She was there when I got home but it had been raining. She's indoors again now and I didn't put her lamp back on so she's just gone straight to sleep. Have a lot on my plate at the moment as unfortunately my father passed away at the weekend but I will get around to all of your suggestions soon and let you know if they help.

jockma

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Los Angeles County
I'm so sorry to hear that...take all the time you need, care for yourself and sort through everything you have going on. We'll be here to help you with your tort when you need it.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Hahaha mine is an anomaly, before I found this forum I thought torts didn't like the shade because mine is always in the sun. He'll walk in the shade to cool off but all the interesting stuff is in the sunny parts of the yard, he gets bored easily :p
Even I had that impression: I used to think that ALL torts or rather, REPTILES would be willing to sit, sleep, eat in the sun so long as it is there and striking; not only shining.;)

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Well, she was doing the hyper thing and walking through her food this morning. I put her outside for the day before I went out and she was under the bridge I put in her enclosure. She was there when I got home but it had been raining. She's indoors again now and I didn't put her lamp back on so she's just gone straight to sleep. Have a lot on my plate at the moment as unfortunately my father passed away at the weekend but I will get around to all of your suggestions soon and let you know if they help.
Terribly sorry to have jut heard that. Please accept my sincere condolences, and if you need to talk I am all listening ears. Just send me a PM.

Kori5

I'm so sorry dear :(. Take your time.