I could use some help with an x-ray

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Virginia
My 4 month old puppy has a lump in his neck. It is hard, doesn't move and kinda deep. My regular vet wasn't comfortable doing an asperate because of the location. I am wondering if anyone can help. He acts completely normal puppy. It's on the left side. Thank you

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220414-103758.png
    Screenshot_20220414-103758.png
    168.5 KB · Views: 4

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Next time I'm on my Kindle I'll enlarge the picture and see if I can see what you're referring to. Could it be some sort of gland?

Reactions: Ink

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
It's kinda near his throat. His blood work all came back normal. The referred surgeon, who only looked at the x-ray just wants to take it out. They don't think it's a gland, however I am currently giving him antibiotics praying it goes away. Teratoma was brought up too.

mark1

5 Year Member
ohio
if it were my pup i would just have them remove it ....... not that any surgery is risk free , this doesn't appear to be a very risky one , nor a problematic recovery ...

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
I will get it taken off, but I am just trying the 2 weeks of antibiotics. I just noticed the lump. It wasn't their before.. that I noticed. I appreciate any opinions. Thank you

TaylorTortoise

Abington
In my opinion, if it grows, or gets larger, i would have it removed. Keep an eye on it and see how it gets in a few weeks maybe.