I got the little greek

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
So Cal
My husband drove out and got the little greek today. She (I think she is a female) isn't too bad. She does have some shell rot, her plastron is a little soft, and of course she is pyramided. She's bigger than I expected too. I soaked her for a while and she drank and drank and drank but hasn't eaten yet. I think she's a Jordanian, but I will have to post some pics for Danny to confirm it. My husband only gave the guy $40 and he accepted it. :)

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
that's awesome, I usually don't endorse CL undercutting on agreed prices, but in this case I support it 100%

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Glad the little one is drinking :)
Good job for saving her life!!

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Wonderful to hear Kimber. :D I can't wait to see pictures of her. :) That's a very nice husband that you have there. ;)

Jessicap

5 Year Member
Wisconsin
kimber_lee_314 said:
My husband drove out and got the little greek today. She (I think she is a female) isn't too bad. She does have some shell rot, her plastron is a little soft, and of course she is pyramided. She's bigger than I expected too. I soaked her for a while and she drank and drank and drank but hasn't eaten yet. I think she's a Jordanian, but I will have to post some pics for Danny to confirm it. My husband only gave the guy $40 and he accepted it. :)

YEAHHHHHH - That is awesome. And your husband is okay with it? since he drove and got it :D

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
She does look like a Jordanian to me :) I'm glad you got her :D

Danny

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
So Cal
Jessicap said:
kimber_lee_314 said:

YEAHHHHHH - That is awesome. And your husband is okay with it? since he drove and got it :D

He wasn't too happy about it, but he did it. I take a bonsai workshop that costs $50 for five lessons, so I had to give up my bonsai for the next five months to pay for her, but I'm okay with that! My husband is looking for work (he's a network admin) so if anyone has some leads for me ... let me know please!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Good for you, Kimber:

I sent them an email too about the tortoise looking dehydrated, and they sent me back the same response you got... that they soak it every other day. If that were the case, it wouldn't have been so thirsty when YOU soaked it. Good save! Give your husband a kiss for us.

Jessicap

5 Year Member
Wisconsin
Torty Mom said:
I forgot to ask, did the previous owners say what happened to that section on her shell?

I had emailed him about the condition and my concern, he stated the shell was injured by his dog back when it was smaller and had been cared for by a vet.

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
So Cal
Jessicap said:
Torty Mom said:
I forgot to ask, did the previous owners say what happened to that section on her shell?

I had emailed him about the condition and my concern, he stated the shell was injured by his dog back when it was smaller and had been cared for by a vet.

The injury isn't bad - it looks more like shell rot to me. Whatever happened, it's not completely healed. I peeled off the dead outer scutes so it could get some air. He ate like a pig last night. :)

Tracy Gould

5 Year Member
Pontefract West Yorkshire U,K
I am so pleased u got her she will have a better life. Have u named her yet if its a Jordanian u could call her Jordan that way if she turn out to be a he then the name is still ok

Status
Not open for further replies.