I NEED HELP (jelly-like substance in feces)

Alex and the Redfoot

Location (City and/or State)
Cyprus
Hello!
Common reasons for this are either:
- too low temperatures so he can't digest food (unlikely it's an issue in Morocco now),
- watery and sugary foods (like fruit),
- or parasites, protozoan infection (flagellates and such).

I think you need to make a fecal test at vet lab (they don't need to be exotic vets).

Morocco?Marrakech
Hello!
Common reasons for this are either:
- too low temperatures so he can't digest food (unlikely it's an issue in Morocco now),
- watery and sugary foods (like fruit),
- or parasites, protozoan infection (flagellates and such).

I think you need to make a fecal test at vet lab (they don't need to be exotic vets).
All my tortoises are Greek, they are not fruit-eaters and they are not infected with worms, most likely the first reason because is currently in Morocco the temperatures have dropped significantly, unfortunately.
And also in Morocco there are no exotic animals vets.

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
All my tortoises are Greek, they are not fruit-eaters and they are not infected with worms, most likely the first reason because is currently in Morocco the temperatures have dropped significantly, unfortunately.
And also in Morocco there are no exotic animals vets.
1. Sometimes people feed fruit to herbivorous species, so I had to ask.
2. Protozoans aren't common worms, these are single cell microbes and you can't see them without microscope unlike worms. Any vet lab should be able to diagnose them.

If the weather was the reason, so it should resolve on its own in a few days. Do you house your tortoises outside or inside now?

Morocco?Marrakech
1. Sometimes people feed fruit to herbivorous species, so I had to ask.
2. Protozoans aren't common worms, these are single cell microbes and you can't see them without microscope unlike worms. Any vet lab should be able to diagnose them.

If the weather was the reason, so it should resolve on its own in a few days. Do you house your tortoises outside or inside now?
No tortoises are outside

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
If they are outside you can make a heated space for the night for them. If they aren't brumating and it's getting cold they may get more serious problems than indigestion.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
No tortoises are outside
Today
I Found a feces in my outddor enclosure but this feces has a something like fat or gelView attachment 370423
I have about a 10 year old Sulcata tortoise...she suffered severe dehydration early in life and frequently there is a "slime smear" with her feces. In her case I believe the color 'brownish' is due to eating dandelions. I cannot say that is the reason your tort has the smear. Frankly, I wouldn't worry about a one time slime smear..other keepers seem to run off to a Vet every time their tort sneezes.I don't. I see you are in Morocco...My sister's friend, goggle says you rarely get below 41 degrees...I personally believe even 41 is too cold for your tort. So I have 2 answers for you...1. The smear is part of pooping at times...no problem and for #2...I am kinda confused...in one comment you say you don't have any outside torts, but in another comment you say you found that feces in your outside enclosure...so I say this to that...there are times in Morocco when it gets too cold at night for most torts...I think he gets too cold, but to me the temperature and the poop are 2 different problems...or maybe just one cuz I don't believe the smear is a problem...it's poop...poop gets yucky...seriously

The_Four_Toed_Edward

Finland
I am kinda confused...in one comment you say you don't have any outside torts, but in another comment you say you found that feces in your outside enclosure...so I say this to that...there are times in Morocco when it gets too cold at night for most torts..
I agree, OP didn't specify what temps their tortoise was in?